Contribute
Register

Help Enabling HDMI Audio Intel i3 2105 GA-H61N-USB3 Rev.2 F2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devataa said:
Toledo, quick question. is there anyway to make Applehda audio kext work properly in 32 bit mode? I have wifi drivers that only work in 32 bit :( so either hdmi audio or wifi i.ternet.
I don't think AppleHDA will give you any problems in 32 bit for your system. On the other hand, there are many 64 bit wifi solutions.

kaizoogi said:
I have ( GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0 F2 ) with a core i5 2500k will it work for me? Does the Rev.2 and Rev.1.0 make a difference in this case?

Could you please post the file and instructions, I would love to have HDMI Audio working..

Do you have issues with video artifacts? What are your bios settings?

By the way have you noticed in the DSDT Database for our board there's a DSDT for "F2 HDMI Audio" but the link is broken. dsdt.php

and there is also a F3 DSDT.
I didn't know there is Rev. 2. Working a couple of other items at the moment. This thread is good place to start. Yes, I have artifacts; HD3000 is a low end graphics solution. There are several guides for bios settings. The link is fixed.

Devataa said:
Thank you santa! it works! Merry Christmas indeed.

Long story short: TuneUpKitv4 AppleHDA.kext + edited DSDT + HDMI Audio capable devices

Thanks Devataa for making your DSDT available.. Is this the same DSDT file in the DSDTDatabase? DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F2-HDMI.aml

I've gotten the HDMI Audio to work with your DSDT File> CustoMac Mini TuneUpKit V4>KextBeast Method, but without the ability to control the System Volume at all. ( When HDMI is selected Under System Preferences> Sound> Output> HDMI there is no option to control the Volume ) Question- Do you have volume control w/HDMI Audio Output Selected?

Have you tried the F3 DSDT in the Database?

HDMI audio is controlled from your device, IE TV, or receiver or etc.

Digital out volume (including HDMI audio out) isn't controlled by your mac. :)

Devataa said:
HDMI audio is controlled from your device, IE TV, or receiver or etc.

Digital out volume (including HDMI audio out) isn't controlled by your mac. :)

Ah.. Thanks for clearing that up. Is the DSDT file that you've posted the same DSDT file in the DSDTDatabase?

toleda said:
kaizoogi said:
I have ( GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0 F2 ) with a core i5 2500k will it work for me? Does the Rev.2 and Rev.1.0 make a difference in this case?

Could you please post the file and instructions, I would love to have HDMI Audio working..

Do you have issues with video artifacts? What are your bios settings?

By the way have you noticed in the DSDT Database for our board there's a DSDT for "F2 HDMI Audio" but the link is broken. dsdt.php

and there is also a F3 DSDT.
I didn't know there is Rev. 2. Working a couple of other items at the moment. This thread is good place to start. Yes, I have artifacts; HD3000 is a low end graphics solution. There are several guides for bios settings. The link is fixed.

Is HD3000 a good enough graphics solution to run as a dvd player/ HTPC? Will it play/ show Blu Ray graphics (with Blu Ray player of course) on a HD TV?

I didn't even know there were any BluRay DVD players/Drives for Hackintosh available!

Unless you mean a Blueray as a Blueray Rip 7-14GB image and a player being VLC.... or such

Then HD3000 on my Build has been taking it on like a champ, though only through HDMI, too much residue in DVI as discussed in other threads.

hamsjeep said:
Is HD3000 a good enough graphics solution to run as a dvd player/ HTPC? Will it play/ show Blu Ray graphics (with Blu Ray player of course) on a HD TV?

In my view, high bit rate audio/video is the only activity the HD3000 is good at. Blu Ray disc drives work fine in OSX. However, there is no way to play an encrypted Blu Ray disc in OSX. There are a variety of Blu Ray rippers and media players that work well in OSX. From a media performance perspective (HQV 2.0) the GT 220 and GT 520 are less than HD3000 while HD 5570 and GT 430 are more.

hi.. does vga out and sleep work for you with the h61n?

thanks!

Slee works great for me, though for some reason I cannot wake it from sleep via network, like if my macbook is trying to wake my hackintosh from sleep using an app called teleport or my iPad using a trackpad app and trying to wake it from sleep, it doesn't work. Sometimes the mouse and keyboard fail to wake it up as well. I just have to manually press the power button and it wakes up faster than my 2011 Apple macbook pro! It also falls asleep pretty well, fans stop, hard drive sleeps, it goes dead silent.

I think many of my issues are centered around improper settings. However that's my experience, I haven't cared too much to change the things from how they are now. I really enjoy this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back