Contribute
Register

Help Enabling HDMI Audio Intel i3 2105 GA-H61N-USB3 Rev.2 F2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitor question

Hi, total noob question, but I only have access to a DVI monitor. Does this mean that I don't need this edited DSDT at all? This DSDT is not necessary to enable the HD3000 graphics in the processor is it? I can just use the standard DSDT from the database for my mobo and HD3000 should be enabled anyway, and then I can just plug in to the DVI port, is that right? DVI can output 1080p anyway so it shouldn't affect the resolution at all should it? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Re: Monitor question

PencilNotPen said:
Hi, total noob question, but I only have access to a DVI monitor. Does this mean that I don't need this edited DSDT at all? This DSDT is not necessary to enable the HD3000 graphics in the processor is it? I can just use the standard DSDT from the database for my mobo and HD3000 should be enabled anyway, and then I can just plug in to the DVI port, is that right? DVI can output 1080p anyway so it shouldn't affect the resolution at all should it? Thanks in advance for your help :)
In your previous post you specifically asked about HDMI audio. If you don't want HDMI audio, the previous reply is not accurate. If you use the dsdt from the database, you have use Chimera as the booter and the macmini5,1 system definition for HD3000 video. The macmini does not have a DVI connector so it uses a DisplayPort framebuffer. I have not tested your scenario and have no idea if it works.

Re: DVI output

Ok thanks, yea before I thought I was gonna get hold of a HDMI monitor, but now it looks to be DVI. So I should just install the standard database DSDT for this mobo, use roughly standard settings and HD3000 video should work? Does anyone know what the DVI output is like using the mac mini setting to a 1920x1080 monitor? Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back