Contribute
Register

Help Enabling HDMI Audio Intel i3 2105 GA-H61N-USB3 Rev.2 F2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devataa said:
Slee works great for me, though for some reason I cannot wake it from sleep via network, like if my macbook is trying to wake my hackintosh from sleep using an app called teleport or my iPad using a trackpad app and trying to wake it from sleep, it doesn't work. Sometimes the mouse and keyboard fail to wake it up as well. I just have to manually press the power button and it wakes up faster than my 2011 Apple macbook pro! It also falls asleep pretty well, fans stop, hard drive sleeps, it goes dead silent.

I think many of my issues are centered around improper settings. However that's my experience, I haven't cared too much to change the things from how they are now. I really enjoy this build.

thanks a lot! I was scared I couldn't get sl or lion working with the h61n as someone told is very problematic.. but you make my happy :) (I can find only the h61n here in italy, not the h67n..)

so sleep works, hdmi audio works as well (I read some guides here in the forum), so the only missing thing I need to know is vga out.. I have a old LCD monitor with vga IN so I really need vga out working.. don't want to buy also a new monitor.. don't have the money! :(

if vga out works I can order all the parts (h61n, i5-2500k and ram..)

and unfrotunately.. as far as I know I can not use a DVI to VGA adapater.. :(

thanks for your help ;)

I cannot tell you for sure if VGA will work. I have not tried it ever. I made that build for my parents, so they are enjoying it now. If you give me 2 weeks, 28-29 of this month, I am planning to give them a visit and I'll try booting with VGA then. :)

The install was too easy. I too was scared it wouldn't work right fmor all the other forums, but I have no clue why other people had problems. Most of the issues was people using the 2nd SATA port on the MOBO not the first for their HDD. People tried booting strait from HDMI to get into install, DVI was the best and easiest to get into the lion installer. HDMI was enabled from the DSDT, so until the edit it won't work.

Maybe the monitor won't be too bad of in invest for the long run in to digital video signal vs VGA analog. :p consider it :). If you need any help during installation I'm pretty responsive on this thread.

Devataa said:
I cannot tell you for sure if VGA will work. I have not tried it ever. I made that build for my parents, so they are enjoying it now. If you give me 2 weeks, 28-29 of this month, I am planning to give them a visit and I'll try booting with VGA then. :)

The install was too easy. I too was scared it wouldn't work right fmor all the other forums, but I have no clue why other people had problems. Most of the issues was people using the 2nd SATA port on the MOBO not the first for their HDD. People tried booting strait from HDMI to get into install, DVI was the best and easiest to get into the lion installer. HDMI was enabled from the DSDT, so until the edit it won't work.

Maybe the monitor won't be too bad of in invest for the long run in to digital video signal vs VGA analog. :p consider it :). If you need any help during installation I'm pretty responsive on this thread.

thanks a lot for you help ;)

I think I will order the parts.. two weeks is too long to wait for me.. can't wait so long to build the mac mini :)

I hope it will work, also, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't actually.. the hd3000 is the same and the mobo is very similar.. btw if it doesn't I hope I will find a workaround.. maybe I can steal a monitor somewhere :D

I know a new monitor would be a good invest.. and that will be my next purchase.. maybe a 27" lcd so it could seem to me to have a iMac :) but not right now.. have to work more for it :silent: :p

thanks again bye!!

ps: one thing that is not so clear to me.. what is the difference between eSata and sata II? both run at 3 gb/s of speed right? so why the fine distinction?

also, should I use sata II ports or the eSata port for my HD?

Can anyone please repost the AudioHDA.kext form CustoMac tuneupkit v4 pretty please? I can't find it anymore, all I see is the optimized version, I was wanting to get a hold of the v4 version...

Devataa said:
Can anyone please repost the AudioHDA.kext form CustoMac tuneupkit v4 pretty please? I can't find it anymore, all I see is the optimized version, I was wanting to get a hold of the v4 version...
The optimized is an improved version of the v4; much better sound quality, especially on the input side. Regardless, here's the v4:

Attachments

• customac_mini_tuneup_kit_v4.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Thank you! you're awesome toleda.

I tired that DSDT, it gave me an instant KP when booting. It's most likey because I haverev. 2 F2 BIOS not F3. Well, regardless I took that DSDT as a reference and made a quick edit to mine under IGPU device and it worked with the optimized kext as you suggested. Just incase anyone else out there has the F2 BIOS or is experienceing problems doesn't hurt to share. *shruggs* hope it helps someone.

dsdt.aml

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16 KB · Views: 93
Re: Help Enabling HDMI Audio Intel i3 2105 GA-H61N-USB3

Hi there, I am new to the forum, I'd be really grateful if someone could quickly sum up the hdmi situation for this mobo for me, as I don't seem to have the knowhow for all the ins and outs that are discussed above. I have the H61N-USB3 and intel i3 2105 and I can flash the BIOS to f2 or f3 whichever is easier/required. All I need to know is if hdmi video and audio work with this build, and if so with which BIOS, and which DSDT. Have the fixes been incorporated into the DSDT that is downloadable from the database now? Will I have to use a non-hdmi monitor for initial setup before I can enable it in multi beast?
Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Re: Help Enabling HDMI Audio Intel i3 2105 GA-H61N-USB3

PencilNotPen said:
All I need to know is if hdmi video and audio work with this build, and if so with which BIOS, and which DSDT.
See this post for the H61N-USB3-F3 dsdt with HDMI audio and HD3000 graphics http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=209915#p209915. Until the dsdt is installed, boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v. Use the first post in the linked CustoMac Mini thread for MultiBeast settings except for Audio as noted in the linked post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back