Contribute
Register

Help chosing MB manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain that "flashback" feature you mentioned?

If other motherboards are as compatible with Gigabyte motherboards, as you say, then I suggest you should ask Tony to expand the Buyer's Guide to include them. Personally I would stay with Gigabyte motherboards for hacktinosh purposes as I have never had a problem with them, and I would continue to recommend Gigabyte motherboards to others wishing to go the hacktinosh route.
If you'd like to understand the Flashback feature go to the Asus site or do a goggle search. As far as flash failures go, they are far and few compared to for instance, a bent CPU socket pin which also results in a bricked board. There are numerous mistakes a new user can make when building and we don't seem to be concerned with those do we... This bios flash issue is just one more thing for Gigabyte fanboys to hang their hat on..

What Tony recommends in the buyer guide or what you personally recommend are your choices, but not all of us want to build in "Big Clunky Cases", so show me the Gigabyte mATX or mini-ITX options. I though the purpose of this site was promoting OS X, so let's provide the information for people to build what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back