Contribute
Register

Help - Can't get to the installer

I am trying to install on an M.2 drive indeed as stated in the very first post in this thread.

In case that's not an option, why did the person who has the same motherboard, manage to install it?

Storage 1: WD-Black SN850X 2TB (where Windows is installed)

Storage 2: WD-Black SN850X 1TB (where OpenCore and macOS are installed)

I removed all other drives as suggested.

Bit late to the party but ...

You just posted photos of BIOS setup.

It looks as though no drive is attached to a SATA port. Is this correct? Are you using an M.2 slot?

If you have a drive installed then check which SATA port it is physically attached to. The motherboard manual has them shown on a layout plan.

From the screens we can see there's no destination drive showing and so nowhere to go. I can only guess this can't be true?
UtterDisbelief,

Perhaps you can tell me why I can't find a SATA Mode: AHCI in my BIOS settings.

I am trying to install on an M.2 drive indeed as stated in the very first post in this thread.

Then we don't see it on your BIOS setup (or I couldn't at least)

In case that's not an option, why did the person who has the same motherboard, manage to install it?

No idea. You say they are on a different site.

Storage 1: WD-Black SN850X 2TB (where Windows is installed)

Storage 2: WD-Black SN850X 1TB (where OpenCore and macOS are installed)

I removed all other drives as suggested.

So are the two drives above removed? I guess "yes" as we don't see those in BIOS either.

Remember it is usual for some m.2 slots to be "attached" to given SATA ports (MSM and M2Q and M2P are different types of m.2 port), so if one is active then the paired one is not. This is explained in your motherboard manual, pages 23-24 English version.

UtterDisbelief,
Perhaps you can tell me why I can't find a SATA Mode: AHCI in my BIOS settings.

Because it is a very new-type UEFI BIOS that accepts SATA, AHCI and NMVe drives. There is a QVL for the supported - AHCI, NVMe and SATA - drives on the Gigabye support pages:

Last edited:
In BIOS there is something regarding to IO Ports ( under Settings )
May be you can disable Intel WiFi/Bluetooth.

Can you send a capture ?
IMG_8608.JPG

IMG_8609.JPG

Then we don't see it on your BIOS setup (or I couldn't at least)

No idea. You say they are on a different site.

So are the two drives above removed? I guess "yes" as we don't see those in BIOS either.

Remember it is usual for some m.2 slots to be "attached" to given SATA ports (MSM and M2Q and M2P are different types of m.2 port), so if one is active then the paired one is not. This is explained in your motherboard manual, pages 23-24 English version.
I had one m.2 drive installed as I was instructed to remove the rest.
That one was indeed installed when I made the screenshot.

The two aforementioned hard drives are owned by the person who managed to install Ventura on the exact same motherboard I own. One has Windows, the other has Mac OS.

This right here, is what's in my system.
But I never posted an image of this before.

IMG_8610.JPG

But no matter how you look at it, it's best to keep your sarcasm to yourself

Read the post again. If you know what sarcasm is, you'll see there was none involved at all. Just asking a question. There had been no evidence up to that point of a working drive to install on. I was assuming that couldn't be so.

I shouldn't have gone to the trouble of visiting the Gigabyte website and providing you with useful information that answered your other questions. Perhaps you might think I was being sarcastic if I suggested you could have done that yourself.

Good luck with your build.

Last edited:
Hello!
I truly appreciate your help
had the same issue surprisingly.
now testing with the EFI test version 11 provided by you.
Thank you!

IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

Hello,
I got stuck here with some glitch effect
A closed shot is also attached to look at the end line of the verbiage.
any luck? please

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your time!
hopping for the best

Back