Contribute
Register

Help - Can't get to the installer

I haven't dealt with hackintoshes in 10 years and wasn't exactly an expert 10 years ago. :lol:

Saw the OC 0.6.6 being used in a post somewhere which as far as I remember, wasn't such an old post. Either way, I am grateful to you for informing me of the recent method of checking.

I have the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.
a Kernel >> Emulate section, I haven't seen anything on that in the OpenCore Guide following Comet Lake settings?

Emulate
Needed for spoofing unsupported CPUs, thankfully in 10.15.5+ Comet Lake S support was added so no need to spoof here. For those running High Sierra or Mojave, you will need the below to spoof to a supported CPU model(due to stability issues, this guide will not go over such CPUID spoofs)

Removed ig-platform-id. ✔

The kext and settings, which I posted earlier, are from someone named "difijhos" who has a Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X and managed to get it up and running with Ventura. All kext that aren't directly from the Guide are added because that person makes use of them in his/her system.
Really appreciate the help :headbang:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
Hello,
I added Kernel> Emulate section.
Just try this new EFI and report back.

Cheers.

The added Kernel> Emulate section ensured that the old error is passed, but is now stuck on Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest".

Strangely enough, the error report still shows the old:

34:565 00:045 AAPL: #[EB.RH.LRH|P!] Err(0xE) <- EB.LD.LF
34:610 00:045 AAPL: #[EB.BST.FBS|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.RH.LRH
34:655 00:044 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
34:699 00:044 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2
34:745 00:045 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2023-09-28T14:04:44
34:790 00:045 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-09-28T14:04:44

Hi,

Again, thank you very much for your help!

Will get on it tonight and keep you up to date

I generated the SSDT's added them in my ACPI folder and managed to get a little further again in my boot. It's hard to show though, because the debugging text doesn't seem to update anymore.

IMG_8592.JPG

However, all I see is Blonds, Brunettes and Redheads :lol:

I will give the SSDT's you posted a quick try and get back to you with the results.

Do you have any idea why Debugging text isn't updating anymore?

With the EFI_Test_Vers_3 config.plist, it loaded past AppleKeyStoreTest and stopped at the PCI configuration begin.

IMG_8594.JPG

This is with my own generated SSDT's since names matched.

Here's the EFI Folder including SSDT's

I'm going to experiment as you suggested and will keep you posted in case of progression.

Attachments

• EFI_Test_Vers_4.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 10
No, I'm using ProperTree on my MBP at the moment.

MountEFI to get access to EFI Folder, Open it in ProperTree and if I add/remove files, I OC Clean Snapshot to get a current state.

No, I'm using ProperTree on my MBP at the moment.

MountEFI to get access to EFI Folder, Open it in ProperTree and if I add/remove files, I OC Clean Snapshot to get a current state.
you need to fix those errors, ie:

Code:
<key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <true/>
is wrong

should be:

Code:
<key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <string>Default</string>
or Enabled, or Disabled

then run ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure you have no more errors
also check with sample.plist:

Oops,

When you suggested to Enable or Disable SecureBootModel earlier, I thought I had to change it into a Boolean and use True or False.

Going to correct that.

Oops,

When you suggested to Enable or Disable SecureBootModel earlier, I thought I had to change it into a Boolean and use True or False.

Going to correct that.
no, not at all!

Back