Contribute
Register

Help - Can't get to the installer

So, activating USB kexts gives a different output.
Which one stops earlier ?

I do not know if those kexts will match your configuration.
Probably those kexts were created under Windows OS.
The "old/standard" way to map USB ports is to enable XhciPortLimit ( False to True ), activate USBInjectAll.kext and use the Hackintool utility to export the map. This way you get a USBPorts which can be then edited.

After having a proper USBports.kext, add it to Kexts folder, remove the USBInjectAll.kext and reverse the setting of XhciPortLimit ( True to False ).

All above can be done after the system is installed.

I will prepare a new EFI activating XhciPortLimit and USB Injector !
Stay tuned !
We have reached Boot stopped at IOPCIConfigurator ::configure kIOPCIEEnumerationWaitTime is 900 yesterday too.
Never reached beyond it.

Still find it strange that ther's no AHCI option in my Bios settings.
Is this normal with new Gigabyte MB's?

Here is EFI vers 7 !

1) added and enabled USBInjectAll.kext
2) enabled XhciPortLimit ( False >> True )
3) those USB ports mapping were de-activated

Try this new EFI ( vers 7). Try to use USB 2.0 ports ( rear side, if any ). Change ports used for mouse/kbd/receiver/USB installer !

That actually set us back :-/

IMG_8602.JPG

With Above 4G Decoding disabled, system boots to where it boot before at IOPCIConfigurator ::configure kIOPCIEEnumerationWaitTime is 900.

Of course, I'm using the advanced mode.
However, there really isn't an option to set Sata Mode: AHCI.

bios-settings.jpg

Thought perhaps, when I just connect a SATA HD, I will get the settings but nothing.
It's just not there.

I'm on it ;-)
Report back once tested.

With Above 4G Decoding Enabled, I get to AppleKeyStoreTest which is less far than when I Disable it which will reach to at IOPCIConfigurator ::configure kIOPCIEEnumerationWaitTime is 900 as before.

This is by booting EFI_Test_Vers_9

This is a very tough nutt to crack isn't it?
If only we could see that shiny Install button.

This is a very tough nutt to crack isn't it?
If only we could see that shiny Install button.

Bit late to the party but ...

You just posted photos of BIOS setup.

It looks as though no drive is attached to a SATA port. Is this correct? Are you using an M.2 slot?

If you have a drive installed then check which SATA port it is physically attached to. The motherboard manual has them shown on a layout plan.

From the screens we can see there's no destination drive showing and so nowhere to go. I can only guess this can't be true?

Back