Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360M-A
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
I'm attempting to install Mojave on new hardware and cannot even reach the installer screen. It appears to boot as normal then the text glitches out and becomes unreadable followed by the circle with a line through it error. (See attached image).

I've tried double checking my ASUS boot UEFI configurations and I think they are all correct. (vt-d disabled, cfg lock disabled, etc.)
I've tried both my graphics card and my Intel integrated graphics as well as both DVI and HDMI ports. Same thing happens regardless.
As another user suggested I tried injecting USB and USB ownership, nothing. Pretty much tried every boot command I thought would help to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ASUS PRIME B360M-A
i3-8100 3.6ghz Coffee Lake
Gigabyte GeForce 1050 Ti
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

Attachments

• IMG_7310.JPG
    IMG_7310.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
The 1050 Ti is not supported in Mojave. Remove it and use the UHD 630 graphics instead.

The 1050 Ti is not supported in Mojave. Remove it and use the UHD 630 graphics instead.
Then why is it listed in the buyer's guide? Doesn't it work with nvidia web drivers?

Then why is it listed in the buyer's guide? Doesn't it work with nvidia web drivers?
It works with High Sierra with no problems. Nvidia has not released drivers for Mojave and Metal 2 yet so you just have to either use UHD 630 or wait for Nvidia.

Well I tried copying the Clover file from that thread and the install still hangs on the same screen. The last line of text is garbled but it appears to be "Still waiting on root device." Switching USB ports doesn't fix it either.
I am plugged into the motherboard DVI port not my nvidia graphics card, so graphics definitely isn't the issue.

Is your USB flash disk plugged into one of the black USB 2.0 ports highlighted in the attached photo?
ASUS B360M.jpg

Also try adding the "Change SAT0 to SATA" patch in ACPI section of config.plist using Clover Configurator.

The last line of text is garbled but it appears to be "Still waiting on root device." Switching USB ports doesn't fix it either.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

I've already tried every single USB port on the computer, both 2.0 and 3. I'm thinking the issue is with my Install flash drive as now the computer isn't recognizing it at the Clover boot menu at all. Maybe I messed something up when copying that custom Clover folder to it.
Going to try making another one and will report back with results. For good measure I'm going to try installing High Sierra as well...

Do you guys recommend I set it up with Unibeast, then copy that custom Clover folder over from the other thread? Also, what directory do I copy the Clover folder to, am I replacing the entire Clover folder that Unibeast already created? I noticed that folder has a ton of extra .kexts in the 'Other' folder, are those all necessary for my build?

Sorry for all the questions, I've never had any issues like this with previous builds. It usually installed perfectly the first time with minimal tweaking.

One quick thing to try is shutdown computer, remove power cable, wait 10 seconds, reconnect power cable, and reboot. Does your USB disk appear at the BIOS boot screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back