Contribute
Register

HELP! Cannot Reach Mojave Installer! Garbled Text and Circle With A Slash

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 2: IT IS WORKING!! Currently typing from a working Mojave install!

As a last ditch effort I copied the "Clover" folder from this thread to my USB drive EFI. (I did this before but from Windows so I think it was copied to the wrong directory).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-h370m-plus-work-in-progress.263480/

I can't believe it was such a simple fix. A few notes:

-As other users with this motherboard have experienced, you must force reboot the system twice each time the install hangs/freezes.
-The initial install bar freezes at 2 minutes remaining. Force reboot and select "Preboot MacOS on ...." at the bootloader.
-After booting "Preboot MacOS on (your hard drive name)" that loading bar will freeze at about 99% with "less than one minute remaining." After force rebooting again I booted from the Mojave SSD and went through first time set up as normal, then ran Multibeast.

-Both audio and network worked with no 3rd party drivers but I installed them anyway. Restart and shut down aren't currently working but I'm going to try some fixes in the thread I linked above.
-Graphics are pretty glitchy when plugged into my 1050 Ti (obviously) but not unusable. However when I plug into integrated graphics the display isn't recognized. Is there a way to keep the 1050 plugged in but have the computer default to the Intel graphics? I'd hate to have to unplug my card every time I use MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back