Contribute
Register

Help! blank grey screen at startup, any suggestions to overcome this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

My hackintosh has run smoothly for a year or so until now. I switched it off and on again at the mains as FCPX wasn't opening and now the computer itself won't start. Following the grey screen with apple logo it would usually go to desktop but instead it is going to a blank grey screen. I can move the arrow about but that is all. I tried booting with "-v" to identify the problem but I haven't the technical know-how. It'd be very much appreciated if someone can help diagnose the problem and maybe propose a solution:). Iv'e provided an image of the screen that precedes the grey screen.

Thank you

Ricky

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 04.04.39.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 04.04.39.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 128
Hello,

My hackintosh has run smoothly for a year or so until now. I switched it off and on again at the mains as FCPX wasn't opening and now the computer itself won't start. Following the grey screen with apple logo it would usually go to desktop but instead it is going to a blank grey screen. I can move the arrow about but that is all. I tried booting with "-v" to identify the problem but I haven't the technical know-how. It'd be very much appreciated if someone can help diagnose the problem and maybe propose a solution:). Iv'e provided an image of the screen that precedes the grey screen.

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Looks like your hard drive may be close to being full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back