1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

Being the owner of a Retina MacBook Pro, I can't really explain what made me decide to attempt to install OS X on my PC but over the years I've experimented with the various Linux distributions on my PC so this probably fell under that category!

Anyway, after following a bunch of guides I found online, I have managed to get Yosemite installed on my PC, network, sound and almost every other piece of hardware is functioning.

I got stuck when trying to get my ATI Radeon R9 290 (non X) working. I found that a lot of people had managed to get their 270's and 280's working fine and on occasion, a couple of people had managed to get their R9 290 (non X) working.

I've tried the couple of suggestions I found from people who had got their R9 290 (non X) working however I am still having issues.

Currently I am using the graphics chip built into my CPU which is working well but I would really prefer to get the dedicated card working.

With regards to my system configuration;

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k Sandybridge
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 (non X)

From my understanding, it's essentially down to some Kext files.
I tried installing the package I found on Netkas.org (and posted by Netkas) and tried editing as instructed to add the R9 290 (the bit with the dev-id) but that didn't work.

Basically, I'm hoping someone who reads this either has managed to get their R9 290 (non X) working and wouldn't mind posting the necessary Kext files and installation instructions, or someone with the know-how to edit and post the files or be able to provide me with instructions on what exactly I need to do.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Keir

Yup, currently i'm using the Intel HD3000 so i'm in my monitors native resolution and performance is pretty good so yep I'm able to fully use OS X. I'm just hoping to get the dedicated card working. I'm not going to be gaming within OS X but I would like to use it for some applications which would make use of a dedicated card.

If it is your secondary card then OS X apps will use it for OpenCL acceleration. FCPX, Motion, etc...

Unfortunately I can't get the dedicated card to install/work properly within OS X.
I'm hoping someone can share some kext's that included support for the card or instruct me what to do :)

Any news on this? I also just installed yosemite and have a r290, but currently using the Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics. Would ideally want to make use of my r290.

Thanks
Thomas

GA-Z87x-OC
16GB RAM
r290 (not working as of yet, currently running on board HD4600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back