Contribute
Register

[HELP]: ALC295 no sound through headphones with AppleALC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@aylamrin,

You should not need to use Codec Commander anymore .. as of version 1.2.5 and onwards AppleALC takes care of the EAPD wake verbs for supported codec's (ALC295 is supported) try removing the CodecCommander kext as it my be clashing with AppleALC. Just use AppleALC ver 1.2.7 and inject your preferred layout-id via Clover (Only id's 3,13 & 28 are valid for ALC295).

Excerpt form ALC295 info.plsit in AppleALC source code:-

Code:
    <key>Author</key>
    <string>Vandroiy</string>
    <key>CodecID</key>
    <integer>661</integer>
    <key>CodecName</key>
    <string>ALC295</string>
    <key>Files</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Layouts</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Mirone - Realtek ALC295/ALC3254</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout3.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>DalianSky - Realtek ALC295/ALC3254 Dell7570</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>13</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout13.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>vusun123 - ALC 295 for Skylake HP Pavilion</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>28</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout28.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
Layout-id 13 appears to be Dell specific but you could try 3 (which is what i use) and 28

Jay
Hi Jay,
I have remapped the whole ALC295 layout id and platform to fit my alc295 on my insprion 7370. However, it seems like I have no luck to get the audio input from line in. I have changed the platform file into my node and also it can changed automatically with my headphones plugged in.
For codeccommander, I still need to use it in order to get ride of the noise from the headphone, however, I do not believe that is the reason that I cannot get the headset mic to work.

Still glad to get headphone to work perfectly
Cheers,
Twsps

I have a workaround to this problem that I just discovered: Apple's USB-C to headphone dongle, which it released for the iPad Pro last fall, supports MacOS, making it painless for getting past the line-in problem that folks are talking about here. You lose a USB-C port, granted, but considering a lot of phones also require a similar hookup at the moment it could be a bit of a lifesaver for folks who need to take the occasional Skype call.

I can confirm that installing CodecCommander kext with hda-verb fixed visible but no sound in headphones issues on my Lenovo Thinkpad W540. ALC292 driver with layout 28.

Hi, I'm writing from a Dell Inspiron 5370 with ALC295 audio codec. Layout 13,28 and 77 are working for me but without "hda-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20" I can't hear anything from the combojack. Is there any fix I can apply? I tried by editing the Info.plist of CodecCommander.kext without any success. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back