i7-8700K
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I built a system based on GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 a couple of years ago and now I really need to get my Thuderbolt 3 card working.

I just want to use it for a big T3 hard drive, not for my display.

Questions:

1. I thought I saw a tool that can get the card working without Windows. Does this exist? I can't find it in a search now.
2. Do I really need the Display port cables? I'm using a GTX 1080 on High Sierra (mostly happy), and I haven't had a lot of luck using multiple outputs.

Advice is much appreciated!

Hi everybody,

I built a system based on GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 a couple of years ago and now I really need to get my Thuderbolt 3 card working.

I just want to use it for a big T3 hard drive, not for my display.

Questions:

1. I thought I saw a tool that can get the card working without Windows. Does this exist? I can't find it in a search now.
2. Do I really need the Display port cables? I'm using a GTX 1080 on High Sierra (mostly happy), and I haven't had a lot of luck using multiple outputs.

Advice is much appreciated!
(2) No, you should not need the DisplayPort cables included as they are used to route the DisplayPort video from another source (e.g. from your graphics card) through the card and output it as a USB-C signal to a USB-C / Thunderbolt monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back