Contribute
Register

HDMI audio works but USB Interface audio does not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87n-wifi (F7 bios)
CPU
i7-4970k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded from El Capitan to HS 10.13.3. I still have a few things I'm trying to fix especially and Audio Issue. I hope this is the correct place to post because my issue is not with the onboard audio or hdmi even, but my class compliant usb audio interface. My HDMI audio is working without any modifications from El Capitan. These new usb interfaces dont use drivers or kext files but our class compliant and i assume they use CoreAudio. Anyways some other issues maybe related or non-related are restarting after shutdown even with APIC halt enabler and fixshutdown methods applied. Its taking alot longer to load into HS than El capitan took me. EFI folder is not appearing when I use efi mounter but does appear when i use clover configurator(i have the apfs.efi patch located in drivers64uefi folder as well).
Other things to note is that Clover has been updated to the most recent version.
All my USB 3.0 ports seems to work because i tested mounting flash sticks in them.

Thanks so much I appreciate any pointers!

Ok sorry but just wanted to update this because i did find a solution. It was a script from focusrite to take the usb kext for the device back to class compliant after you deleted the kext.

So You've downloaded it, it said that it will prepare your focusrite to work in Class Compliant, restarted and worked?
I try it for the 5th time and no luck...

So You've downloaded it, it said that it will prepare your focusrite to work in Class Compliant, restarted and worked?
I try it for the 5th time and no luck...

Well if you've installed the low latency kext you need to delete it first, i do know that. I forget the name of it but probably something like lowlatencyfocusrite.kext located i think in HD/system/library/extensions.

But for anything else I suggest use at you're own discretion.
Other things to try.
Maybe also delete your HD/library/preferences/audio plist settings. they should be generated again on reboot.
And also I think you can update your firmware on the focusrite by downloading this updater found here.

There's no low latency kext on this folder.
I did other things like updating firmware, deleting preferences etc. but Focusrite Solo only appears as USB, not audio device on system report.
Also I'm unable to select it as input/output device, it just dont appear there...

There's no low latency kext on this folder.
I did other things like updating firmware, deleting preferences etc. but Focusrite Solo only appears as USB, not audio device on system report.
Also I'm unable to select it as input/output device, it just dont appear there...

Ok I dont know how much of help I can be but lets make sure we're on same page.

1. Just to make sure the focusrite Solo(1st or 2nd gen?) was working on El cap/sierra and after updating to High Sierra it doesnt work now, right?

2. Did you ever install the low latency driver kext from focusrite?

I have no clue if this would work but try resetting your SMC/nvram settings. I think this can be achieved by doing a hard reset on your tower(for example removing power cord and holding down power for 10 seconds than plugging back in, each machine is different. There may be away to do this by deleting something while mounting your EFI folder and restarting but again Im not the guy for that. lol

Perhaps you need some form of audio working. For example I did have HDMI audio working as well before doing all this. There is another post here about cleaning up audio stuff.

1. 2nd Gen, i made clear install of Sierra, didn't upgrade from El Cap.
2. I'll try to install the low latency driver and check what will happen..

I'll better dont try to do this by myself, i dunno how to exactly reset that vram :p
'will check that post with HDMI audio too, cause on Windows I have AMD HDMI output and blue line in, which are missing on my mac...
Its hard to tell what is problem here, without VoodooHDA.kext i have no audio and cant use Focusrite too, but with i have only 2 inputs and 2 outputs...

Ok well from what I have gathered is everything changed as far as Focusrite is concerned on High Sierra. So to get your focusrite working you probably do need to use the low latency kext and here's why. It defaults to class compliant mode. So running that script isnt doing anything for you because you are already in class compliant mode. OSX doesnt do a good job at doing this pre High Sierra. So you almost need like a driver(kext) file to get your focusrite to be seen. On a regular Mac it would be seen but for some reason out of the box I dont think focusrite class compliant devices were seen on hack's until High Sierra.

As for HDMI audio to work its very easy with a kext. You only need Toleda's guide if your trying to onboard audio. Just need to install that in your EFI folder.

Good Luck, don't give up!

So in other words...
Should I install/upgrade to High Sierra and could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back