Contribute
Register

HDMI audio works but USB Interface audio does not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well idk. im clearly not an expert in all these things, but yes if I were you i would. I think High Sierra works well with class compliant devices. Plus if you use logic they are utilizing APFS file system in their new update. The downside of APFS is you cannot go back to HFS. In other words they may lead us down a road where there is no more hackintosh. But there also is a way to upgrade to High Sierra without migrating to APFS. Choice is your's. I chose APFS. Just make separate unibeast installers so you can always go back if you want using a different ssd/hard drive.

have you guys got this to work?
I'm on high sierra 10.13.2 on my hackintosh and same as the above, Scarlett Solo 2nd gen is only recognized as a USB device and not an audio device
yes its working!
So first did you have it working before the update using non class compliant mode? or was it working as just plug in play class compliant? reason is you must do a few steps to revert back if you have previously installed any kexts.

If it did have a kext first follow these steps.

1. Delete low latency kext.
2. Delete audio preferences plist settings.
3. DL and Run class compliant fix script from focusrite found here.

Other reminder is to make sure the playback/input knob is on playback and not input. If youre using headphones make sure you headphone knob is up. If your using speakers make sure the big round knob(monitor) is up and turned to on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back