Contribute
Register

HD4400/HD4600 HDMI testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,

Yes, it's peculiar, but if I start with the Built-In speakers and plug in something to the headphone jack, no change. Then I set the computer to sleep and the screen blinks black, but does not enter sleep completely. Once that occurs, Yosemite Sound Preference pane shows a change between built-in speakers and headphone port whenever I plug in or unplug something into the jack.

Can you describe what might be going on, or suggest a course of action? How does the patched AppleHDA respond differently once the computer is set to sleep?

Thank you!

Hello Nguyenmac,

I tried version 1, no real change from the existing kext. When I tried version 2, I lost all sound output devices in the preference pane. I repaired permissions and cleared kext cache using Kext Wizard and restarted, no devices still. Repeated permission repair and kext cache clearing, still no devices.

Thanks for the response though! But still no headway.

I used Kext Wizard to reinstall the original AppleHDAIDT.kext. After I installed, repaired permissions and cleared cache using Kext Wizard and restarted, it worked as it should. Then I shut down (did not choose restart), went to the Clover bootloader screen, and loaded the OS. After that, it did not register plugging or unplugging anything into the headphone jack until I cycled sleep/wake once. Then, it functions normally again.

???? Curious. . . any ideas?

I used Kext Wizard to reinstall the original AppleHDAIDT.kext. After I installed, repaired permissions and cleared cache using Kext Wizard and restarted, it worked as it should. Then I shut down (did not choose restart), went to the Clover bootloader screen, and loaded the OS. After that, it did not register plugging or unplugging anything into the headphone jack until I cycled sleep/wake once. Then, it functions normally again.

???? Curious. . . any ideas?

It probably won't help, but test config.plist/Devices/Audio/ResetHDA=true. See: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#Audio-/-ResetHDA

Hello RehabMan,

I tried the Reset HDA config.plist tweak you suggested, and am reporting back: unfortunately it did not work. But I am wondering if there is a way to set a delay and enter an automatic sleep/wake cycle after booting as a workaround. Any solution you know that can do that?

I know it's sloppy, and you can probably find a better solution given more time and thought. Just an idea.

Perhaps using this?

http://ss64.com/osx/pmset.html

Another peculiarity is that the system does not seem to fully enter sleep now (screen goes black for a second and comes back up immediately), but it did early on after install. Did I break something with the config.plist adjustments? Sleep is not necessary for me, so it's not a deal breaker, just wondering what might be happening.

Hello RehabMan,

I tried the Reset HDA config.plist tweak you suggested, and am reporting back: unfortunately it did not work. But I am wondering if there is a way to set a delay and enter an automatic sleep/wake cycle after booting as a workaround. Any solution you know that can do that?

I know it's sloppy, and you can probably find a better solution given more time and thought. Just an idea.

Perhaps using this?

http://ss64.com/osx/pmset.html

I think time would be better spent trying to fix the patched AppleHDA instead of trying workarounds.

Another peculiarity is that the system does not seem to fully enter sleep now (screen goes black for a second and comes back up immediately), but it did early on after install. Did I break something with the config.plist adjustments? Sleep is not necessary for me, so it's not a deal breaker, just wondering what might be happening.

You probably broke something. Use the PBI-CE to regenerate DSDT/config.plist.

What is maximum supported resolution through HDMI output?
I want to change 1080p monitor and buy some 1440p one.
I checked some QuickSpecs documents for 470 G1 and they have only listed 1920 x 1200 as a maximum supported resolution. In some other documents they have listed that HDMI is 1.4 compliant (and thus allowing greater resolutions).

I think time would be better spent trying to fix the patched AppleHDA instead of trying workarounds.

Gotcha. Sorry I am at a loss as to how to proceed doing this. I take it Nguyenmac's AppleHDAIDT.kext needs specific patches for my system. Any suggestions or developments with audio kexts in PBI over the past 10 days? Thanks in advance Nguyenmac and RehabMan!!!

Gotcha. Sorry I am at a loss as to how to proceed doing this. I take it Nguyenmac's AppleHDAIDT.kext needs specific patches for my system. Any suggestions or developments with audio kexts in PBI over the past 10 days? Thanks in advance Nguyenmac and RehabMan!!!

It's not even mine... cause I have no access to this laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back