Contribute
Register

HD4400/HD4600 HDMI testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I also rollback the gigabyte666 patch to the azulframebuffer kext?

I rolled back the patch in post #1, and used your updated ProBook Installer. I am reporting success with HDMI video, I have yet to test audio.

Attached are troubleshooting files for you to confirm if you would like.

Thank you Nguyenmac!!! I am back to trouble-free Apple updates (hopefully).

EDIT: I am confirming Audio via HDMI is working as expected, switchable in System Preferences! Thank you.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-02-15 08-57.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 174
I rolled back the patch in post #1, and used your updated ProBook Installer. I am reporting success with HDMI video, I have yet to test audio.

It's basically my fault when I change the patches in PBI CE...

Rats! Premature enthusiasm. I found that the external headphone jack only works if I plug something in and reboot, and if I unplug, audio does not go back to internal speakers. Joyfult had a similar issue here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...k-installer-clover-edition-43.html#post855476

Any suggestions nguyenmac or RehabMan? I am attaching (hopefully) an IO Reg you can use.

I see others who have installed various patched AppleHDA kexts and such, I am just trying to stay with Clover and config.plist fixes if possible.

Thank you!

Attachments

• JPS’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192

EDIT: I am confirming Audio via HDMI is working as expected, switchable in System Preferences! Thank you.

Could you confirm something for me? Your laptop has HDMI or DP for external monitor??

Rats! Premature enthusiasm. I found that the external headphone jack only works if I plug something in and reboot, and if I unplug, audio does not go back to internal speakers. Joyfult had a similar issue here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...k-installer-clover-edition-43.html#post855476

Any suggestions nguyenmac or RehabMan? I am attaching (hopefully) an IO Reg you can use.

I see others who have installed various patched AppleHDA kexts and such, I am just trying to stay with Clover and config.plist fixes if possible.

Thank you!

It is likely a problem with the patched AppleHDA (injector). Until someone learns how to patch from a codec dump (so we know what to look for here), probably no fix.

I'm going to be looking at the u430 audio patched AppleHDA so I may learn something that can help with these problems on the ProBooks. I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, try a sleep/wake cycle after plugging/unplugging.

Attachments

• AppleHDAIDT 2.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 133
  • AppleHDAIDT 1.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back