Contribute
Register

HD4400/HD4600 HDMI testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I ventured into the Probook section. I was just looking for a solution for HDMI audio on a new setup. Thanks so much!
Doing research via google shows desktop guides and 4400 not supported, etc...

I was able to get HDMI with audio to work with just the first clover patch.

when plugged to my 1080p TV, a side effect was that my touchpad (élan) is impacted and almost unusable. I'm guessing because the 1366x768 screen uses the resolution of the TV and screws up the touchpad. USB mouse works fine.

I think it would be beneficial to put this thread in the general Yosemite laptop section for more visibility.

So glad I ventured into the Probook section. I was just looking for a solution for HDMI audio on a new setup. Thanks so much!
Doing research via google shows desktop guides and 4400 not supported, etc...

I was able to get HDMI with audio to work with just the first clover patch.

side effect was that my touchpad (élan) is impacted and almost unusable. I'm guessing because the 1366x768 screen uses the resolution of the TV and screws up the touchpad. USB mouse works fine.

I think it would be beneficial to put this thread in the general Yosemite laptop section for more visibility.

HD4400 mobile is supported natively (I'm typing this message from a laptop which has it).

HD4400 desktop is not supported.

HDMI audio requires DSDT/SSDT patches and patches to the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.

Hello guys...
I test it but no audio from HDMI on my TV:rolleyes:
I have Yosemite 10.10.2 with clover.

Hello Nguyenmac,

Thank you for posting gigabyte666's patch! I tried the Clover config.plist patch, that did not work. I then tried the terminal command posted first, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache using Kext Wizard, rebooted, and I am reporting success. One question: will updates from Apple alter the patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext?

After I installed 10.10.2 using your guide and ProBook Installer 6.2.15.3 today, whenever I tried plugging in an HDMI cable, I would get Kernel Panics. I attempted rolling back kexts according to this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...eze-hp-probook-elitebook-g1-3.html#post923976

Which gave me no Kernel Panic and working HDMI, but without Quartz Extreme. Since I needed that functionality, I saw this thread and gave this a shot. I have yet to test audio over HDMI, but do not need it for my purposes.

Thank you again so much! You and RehabMan are VERY PATIENT with us n00bs, I cannot thank you enough.

Hello Nguyenmac,

Thank you for posting gigabyte666's patch! I tried the Clover config.plist patch, that did not work. I then tried the terminal command posted first, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache using Kext Wizard, rebooted, and I am reporting success. One question: will updates from Apple alter the patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext?

It is best to use config.plist patches or updates will overwrite the patched kext. With Clover, there is almost never any reason to patch kexts on disk.

After I installed 10.10.2 using your guide and ProBook Installer 6.2.15.3 today, whenever I tried plugging in an HDMI cable, I would get Kernel Panics. I attempted rolling back kexts according to this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...eze-hp-probook-elitebook-g1-3.html#post923976

Which gave me no Kernel Panic and working HDMI, but without Quartz Extreme. Since I needed that functionality, I saw this thread and gave this a shot. I have yet to test audio over HDMI, but do not need it for my purposes.

Thank you again so much! You and RehabMan are VERY PATIENT with us n00bs, I cannot thank you enough.

Maybe wait for nguyenmac to get the current patches in the PBI squared away.

I don't have time now, but I think it is possible for me to provide some config.plist files to test so we can determine exactly what is needed. But that will need to wait a few days...

Does your laptop have HDMI? Or does it have DP?

Hello Nguyenmac,

Which gave me no Kernel Panic and working HDMI,
but without Quartz Extreme. Since I needed that functionality, I saw this thread and gave this a shot. I have yet to test audio over HDMI, but do not need it for my purposes.

Please post troubleshooting files... I told you in the guide already. If you want help, atleast give us something to check.

EDIT: There is a bug in 6.2.15.3, will fix it soon!

Does your laptop have HDMI? Or does it have DP?

It has HDMI.

@nguyenmac, I will get you troubleshooting files as best I can tomorrow. Thank you both again.

Hello nguyenmac,

Hopefully this helps you figure out what is going on. Please let me know what else I can post.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting HDMI Jpsys.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 128
Hello nguyenmac, Hopefully this helps you figure out what is going on. Please let me know what else I can post.
Download the latest PBI CE to create config.plist and test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back