Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been trying to get signal to a second monitor (DVI) via an HDMI to DVI adapter.

What I've tested.

HDMI (port) > HDMI (male) to DVI-D (female) adapter > DVI-D (male) to HDMI (female) adapter > HDMI (cable) > TV = Works
So we know the adapters (both of them) work.

DVI-D (port) > DVI-D (cable) > Monitor = works
So we know the DVI cable works

I've also had the Monitor via DVI & the TV via HDMI connected at the same time with mirroring, so we know that its' possible.

What Doesn't work:
HDMI (port) > HDMI (male) to DVI-D (female) adapter > DVI-D (cable) > Monitor

Does anybody know why this could be?
The monitor (Model #S202HL) is HDCP compliant

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Also a side note: when I connect a second display (tv in this case) the systemuiserver freezes (right side of the menu bar). What could that be? I've tried via terminal and Activity monitor to quit it (as it restarts itself) but it always comes back frozen. It only does this when a second display is introduced into the system.

Thanks You,
Brian

I solved the HDMI to DVI issue. I just restarted the computer with the monitor hooked up to the HDMI port via HDMI to DVI-D adapter. Works fine @ full resolution w/ full acceleration

2nd problem now: With both displays attached the systemuiserver (right side of the menu bar, ie; clock, spotlight) freezes. What could be causing this?

I'll try the new multibeast and see if that clears it up.

Edit: Nope

Edit #2: Did a clean install an a new HDD and it has resolved my systemuiserver problem. Both monitors now working great and the clock keeps on a tickin.
Don't know why it (systemuiserver) would freeze before as the install on my other HDD was also a clean install.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back