Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Heya everybody!

So I recently installed a dual boot of El Capitan and Windows 10 on 2 SSDs with Clover. I still have a few issues and wanted to ask if someone had any idea how to fix them.

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. With the amount of pesky problems I have, I wasn't sure where to post.

Here's my build:

- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK S1150
- Intel i7-4790K Core Processor 4.00 GHz
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming
- Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 256 GB with El Capitan installed
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO, 250 GB with Win 10 installed
- 1TB HDD exFat formatted for use between both OSX and Win 10

I used Unibeast for the install, Multibeast for the post-installation and El Capitan Post-Install Tools as well.

Most of my problems seem to be connected to Windows, so I'll start there:

- After installing Windows 10 UEFI (only drive plugged in) I was able to boot both El Capitan and Windows 10 from Clover. So I was pretty happy with my success. Upon booting up Windows and starting downloading Firefox it crashed Windows during the process. After rebooting I was not able to boot Windows 10 through Clover anymore. I set back the OS and tried again with exactly the same results.
If I use the Gigabyte boot menu instead of Clover to start Windows, it boots up (mostly) fine. Firefox was even done with the install and works now.
When I try to boot Windows from Clover however, I see the little Windows loading circle thingy for a moment, after which the screen turns black and the monitor stops receiving a signal. At this point it doesn't react anymore and I have to reset the computer. How do I get it to boot from clover again? And also: Why did it crash during the Firefox download? Is that Clover related or just some Windows 10 bug?

- Another problem regarding Windows: Sometimes when I boot it up it starts "preparing automatic repair" even though it didn't crash before. However once I restart it works again. Any ideas why?

- When I start El Capitan upon coming up at the login screen instead of the blurry desktop background, I have this pixel-y garbled mess. Once I login however, everything seems to be fine. It even recognizes all my hardware and the nVidia drivers seem to work as well. The problem might just be cosmetic, but it's ugly. Any ideas how to fix it?

- Sound on OSX generally works, but I tried installing Minecraft a few minutes ago (wanted to try and give the GPU something to do for once ;))and noticed that instead of normal audio there was only crackling. Opening a youtube video I encountered the same problem. But after restarting it seems to work again. I'm confused. :crazy:

- Adding on to the last point: Once sound works again, is there a way to test if everything else works? Aside from this new issue the installation seems alright, but I haven't done anything major with it yet.

I uploaded some screenshots as well as my .plist file. Hopefully this will help with the diagnosis. Sorry the Windows system screen is in german.

Boot Args for Clover are: dart=0 nvda_drv=1

The points I can select in Clover are:
- Boot Clover from EFI
- Boot Windows from (it just ends there)
- Boot Mac OSX from El Capitan
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD
- Boot Microsoft EFI Boot menu from EFI

Sorry if there's too much unnecessary information in my post – just trying to cover as many bases as possible.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints and solutions you can come up with. I'm new to Hackintoshes, but love working through the problems to get this thing working.

View attachment config.plist

about_mac.png
clover_install_log.png
garbled_login.jpg
nVidia_drivers.png
hardware_overview.png

+1 Also having this issue, for now i'm unplugging the HDD I don't want to use to access either OS but it would be nice to have Win 10 as an option within Clover :)

Heya everybody!

So I recently installed a dual boot of El Capitan and Windows 10 on 2 SSDs with Clover. I still have a few issues and wanted to ask if someone had any idea how to fix them.

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. With the amount of pesky problems I have, I wasn't sure where to post.

Here's my build:

- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming
- Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 256 GB with El Capitan installed
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO, 250 GB with Win 10 installed
- 1TB HDD exFat formatted for use between both OSX and Win 10

I used Unibeast for the install, Multibeast for the post-installation and El Capitan Post-Install Tools as well.

Most of my problems seem to be connected to Windows, so I'll start there:

- After installing Windows 10 UEFI (only drive plugged in) I was able to boot both El Capitan and Windows 10 from Clover. So I was pretty happy with my success. Upon booting up Windows and starting downloading Firefox it crashed Windows during the process. After rebooting I was not able to boot Windows 10 through Clover anymore. I set back the OS and tried again with exactly the same results.
If I use the Gigabyte boot menu instead of Clover to start Windows, it boots up (mostly) fine. Firefox was even done with the install and works now.
When I try to boot Windows from Clover however, I see the little Windows loading circle thingy for a moment, after which the screen turns black and the monitor stops receiving a signal. At this point it doesn't react anymore and I have to reset the computer. How do I get it to boot from clover again? And also: Why did it crash during the Firefox download? Is that Clover related or just some Windows 10 bug?

- Another problem regarding Windows: Sometimes when I boot it up it starts "preparing automatic repair" even though it didn't crash before. However once I restart it works again. Any ideas why?

- When I start El Capitan upon coming up at the login screen instead of the blurry desktop background, I have this pixel-y garbled mess. Once I login however, everything seems to be fine. It even recognizes all my hardware and the nVidia drivers seem to work as well. The problem might just be cosmetic, but it's ugly. Any ideas how to fix it?

- Sound on OSX generally works, but I tried installing Minecraft a few minutes ago (wanted to try and give the GPU something to do for once ;))and noticed that instead of normal audio there was only crackling. Opening a youtube video I encountered the same problem. But after restarting it seems to work again. I'm confused. :crazy:

- Adding on to the last point: Once sound works again, is there a way to test if everything else works? Aside from this new issue the installation seems alright, but I haven't done anything major with it yet.

I uploaded some screenshots as well as my .plist file. Hopefully this will help with the diagnosis. Sorry the Windows system screen is in german.

Boot Args for Clover are: dart=0 nvda_drv=1

The points I can select in Clover are:
- Boot Clover from EFI
- Boot Windows from (it just ends there)
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD

Sorry if there's too much unnecessary information in my post – just trying to cover as many bases as possible.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints and solutions you can come up with. I'm new to Hackintoshes, but love working through the problems to get this thing working.

View attachment 179695

View attachment 179693
View attachment 179694
View attachment 179696
View attachment 179697
View attachment 179698

Suggest a re-install of Win10 and get all your apps downloaded and working before involving Clover and the OS X drive.

Suggest a re-install of Win10 and get all your apps downloaded and working before involving Clover and the OS X drive.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks a lot!

Any idea why Clover won't boot it? I don't understand why it worked in the beginning but stopped all of a sudden.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks a lot!

Any idea why Clover won't boot it? I don't understand why it worked in the beginning but stopped all of a sudden.

Probable cause is corrupted files from the crash/burn interrupted installation of FF. Since you just insalled Win10, much easier to just re-install than try to use the recovery tools to fix it.

After installing Windows 10 again and getting all of the drivers and updates ready, I plugged in my other drives. Clover starts fine, El Capitan has no problems booting. Great. I tried booting Windows 10 through Clover and with some weird screen tearing it worked. Sadly after restarting and trying again it has the same problem as before – first I see the Windows 10 loading circle, then black and no signal.

Loading through the UEFI Boot Manager works normally, so I'm not sure if Windows is at fault here. Maybe I installed Clover incorrectly? One example of Clover weirdness I found is that it shows three NTFS drives: two saying "Boot Windows from" and one "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI". Those two drives seem to be remnants from Windows installations I tried before. But I could be completely off – as I've said, I'm rather new to this. :rolleyes:

I've managed to solve some issues however:

- The garbled login on El Capitan goes away after changing the background image.
- The audio problems stem from problems with the 1150 kext install. There's a guide by 'tigersoul925' that solved it for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/170063-fix-no-sound-after-sleep-1150-possibly-other-realteks.html
EDIT: Well, I still have some trouble with audio after Sleep/Wake... :think:

Thanks for the help so far! I hope there's some solution for this last little problem I seem to have.

Loading through the UEFI Boot Manager works normally, so I'm not sure if Windows is at fault here. Maybe I installed Clover incorrectly? One example of Clover weirdness I found is that it shows three NTFS drives: two saying "Boot Windows from" and one "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI". Those two drives seem to be remnants from Windows installations I tried before. But I could be completely off – as I've said, I'm rather new to this. :rolleyes:

If you do not want to see the Windows icons, edit the config.plist scan value:

<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>Last</string>
</dict>

Change Last to False

Hi,

Glad to see I'm not alone ! I recently got my first build running and I was so happy that everything work correctly (seriously, very happy, I'm completly new to hackintosh). But after 2 days I have the same issue with Windows 10.

- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970
- Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 250 GB with El Capitan installed
- Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 250 GB with Win 10 installed
- 2TB HDD OSX Journaled (just need it for OSX)

I used Clover to install El Capitan & Rufus to install Windows 10 with UEFI / "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer". Each install has been done with one SSD plugged at a time. I can't tell if I did well so far, but everything was working fine.

I boot with Clover and choose between 6 options but these are thos working :

I can see my Windows SSD from OSX and navigate in it.
I couldn't see my OSX SSD & my OSX HDD from my Windows SSD and it was allright for me.

Since today when I boot on Windows, it randomly takes me on a black screen or a "preparing automatic repair" process.
First time I did reinstall and recover with this Windows Automatic Repair, it was back to normal but crashed again after rebooting.

Tried to change some parameters in the BIOS, boot only or firstly with UEFI... but no success.

Good thing, I don't have any problem with OSX so far :thumbup:, so what I'm sure is that is a bad Clover configuration or a wrong Windows install format or drive format (ok I know it's not a brilliant conclusion).

If anyone got an idea to fix this, it would be great !
Thanks a lot. :eek:

I also have the exact same problem with booting Windows through Clover.

The setup:
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
Intel Core i5-4460
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Gigabyte GeForce GTX750Ti 2GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD

The spinning wheel shows for a few seconds, then the screen stops receiving signal and goes black.
I discovered that if I don't reset and wait around 20 minutes, Windows will boot. I think Clover might be trigging some process to run before booting Windows.
I have both Windows and OSX installed on a single HDD. Other than the Windows booting issue, everything works fine (booting OSX via Clover and booting Windows via boot menu (F12 on startup)).

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I am having the exact same issue!

I have three total drives: two SSDs (one Windows 10 GPT and one Sierra) and a data HDD.

When I use the boot menu, it works fine, but when I try to boot Windows 10 using Clover, I get a spinning white wheel for a second, then it hangs and my monitor says no computer is connected.

I've been scouring other threads, but to no avail. I actually had it working fine at one point, but then it stopped. Would love to know if anyone has an answer.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back