Contribute
Register

Haswell UNIBEAST Black Screen After Load Problem (Graphics?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gaming PC
CPU
Core i5 2400S
Graphics
Intel HD 2000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

This is my first thread, and is asking for help!

Basically I have the below hackintosh build:

Intel Core i5-4430 (Haswell)
Gigabyte ga-b85m-d3h
4GB Corsair RAM
NO GRAPHICS CARD (Intel HD 4600 Graphics)

The problem is that the BIOS has been setup in a manor that is relative to a general hackintosh build. Also the system is properly built as it runs Windows fine.

When the UNIBEAST USB is chosen at the boot screen, it selects fine and upon flagging '-v', I can see all the processes occurring, however once the processes are complete, rather than being directed to the installation screen, I end up at a black screen? The time taken for the processes to complete is normal hackintosh first boot time, so I believe it is working, I just can't see it..

I've tried all the usual flag fixes such as 'GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes' 'PCIRootUID=0/1' etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just haven't seen a problem of this kind on the internet, let alone tonymacx86.

Kind Regards.

Hello!

This is my first thread, and is asking for help!

Basically I have the below hackintosh build:

Intel Core i5-4430 (Haswell)
Gigabyte ga-b85m-d3h
4GB Corsair RAM
NO GRAPHICS CARD (Intel HD 4000 Graphics)

The problem is that the BIOS has been setup in a manor that is relative to a general hackintosh build. Also the system is properly built as it runs Windows fine.

When the UNIBEAST USB is chosen at the boot screen, it selects fine and upon flagging '-v', I can see all the processes occurring, however once the processes are complete, rather than being directed to the installation screen, I end up at a black screen? The time taken for the processes to complete is normal hackintosh first boot time, so I believe it is working, I just can't see it..

I've tried all the usual flag fixes such as 'GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes' 'PCIRootUID=0/1' etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just haven't seen a problem of this kind on the internet, let alone tonymacx86.

Kind Regards.

Try "IGPEnabler=No -x" until you can get your ig-platform-id set properly (IGPlatformID).

And you don't have HD4000 graphics. You have HD4600.

Try "IGPEnabler=No -x" until you can get your ig-platform-id set properly (IGPlatformID).

And you don't have HD4000 graphics. You have HD46000.

Sadly that didn't work, are there any bios specific requirements needed? XHCI Disabled etc.

I've setup the bios the way I would in any other hackintosh build.

Thanks for your response.

Sadly that didn't work, are there any bios specific requirements needed? XHCI Disabled etc.

I've setup the bios the way I would in any other hackintosh build.

Thanks for your response.

Try dart=0 in addition. And/or make sure VT-d is disabled in BIOS.

Try dart=0 in addition. And/or make sure VT-d is disabled in BIOS.

Again, that hasn't worked. If it's worthwhile mentioning, then I don't even get the spinning circle below the apple logo when the load is occuring.

Please see the attached images, showing the the black screen after the load, as well as the apple logo (showing no loading circle), also the bios config.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 356
I'm having this same problem. Any luck so far?

Again, that hasn't worked. If it's worthwhile mentioning, then I don't even get the spinning circle below the apple logo when the load is occuring.

Please see the attached images, showing the the black screen after the load, as well as the apple logo (showing no loading circle), also the bios config.

Thanks again.

Are you using a digital connection to your monitor?

You are not the only one with this problem. I started a thread a few days ago on it. I have a 'CustoMac' GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel i5 4440, 8GbRAM. WD 500Gb HDD.

I've tried installation of ML using a great combination of settings, with and without on-board graphics, dti connections etc. and none have worked to date. Unibeast (with -v) gives me about 23 screens of read hfs+ files and then stops with a black screen when it tries to boot the Darwin Bootloader to start the installer i.e the installer fails at this point and goes no further giving a black screen. The cause of this still escapes me, as the hardware of my Hackintosh works with a cloned ML from another machine. It is likely to be the HD4600 graphics as the machine works much better with a GeForce 610 once ML is working (this card works out of the box). Maybe someone else has the answer?

When I get around to it I will try a Mavericks install instead.

This problem is the worst! hoepfully someone can help us out....

Unfortunately the CustoMac route seems to be hit and miss. I forked out a lot of dosh on my GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel i5 4440, 8GbRAM, WD 500Gb HDD setup, so like you I'm not too pleased. At the moment it is running Windows 8.1 and I will probably sell it on. I will try one last time with a Unibeast Mavericks stick.

The Unibeast ML install method does work well on some hardware configurations though. My latest attempt today worked like a dream on an inexpensive socket 1155 mobo set to defaults: ASROCK B75 Pro3-M, Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz, 4Gb Kingston Ram and a GeForce 610 graphics card. This installed with the graphics card in place, connected to the monitor via VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back