Contribute
Register

Haswell Mini ITX Motherboard with DisplayPort ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd build with Asus Z87I-Pro
I spent a lot of time one it, not to install Mavericks (easy) but to have dual boot on 2x120GB partition on the SSD.

step 1 : installing both systems....

It was a mess to install win7 & Mavericks because OS X don't like windows partition schema & Windows don't like OS X partitions schema in GPT mode :
- when I create the 2 partitions (first in MS DOS, second in HFS+) with OS X boot installer, windows reject his partition saying disk is not GPT or Bios don't have controller or things like that...
- when I create the 2 partitions with windows by leaving empty OS X patition or create it without formatting it : OS X Installer Disk utilities always freeze by creating the HFS+ partition.
For both, I try all I can, installing each systems several times (maybe 10 time each...) with different orders, different methods (ex: leaving space free for the other system). Nothing work at all.
Then I make the 2 partitions with gparted, in this case Windows & OS X finaly accept their partitions...

step 2 : install a bootloader
So I manage after 24h to install both OS. But they are in GPT/UEFI mode & trying installing Chameleon/Chimera did nothing. System always boot to Windows... Why... I do some search and understand how EFI works...

I notice a strange problem on both build :
When I boot to Windows I often have Keyboard & Mouse or system freeze, don't know if system is freezed or if only these USB device have problems. Unplugged/plugged it don't resolve the problem, I must reboot, wait, disconnect power 15s, start. It seems this problem come more frequently after a quick reboot from OS X but sometime I wait 10s and have this problem. I don't have install all windows drivers & update the maybe it is the cause.

For dual booting on this board and using Chimera as boot loader there are several BIOS settings you need to make after setting Optimum defaults.
1. in AI Tweaker set Internal PLL Overvoltage to Disabled
2. In Advanced Menu find SATA Mode and set to AHCI
3. In System Agent Configuration set VT-d to Disabled
4. Set CSM to Enabled
5. In boot devices control [UEFI & Legacy OpRoM] select Legacy Only

For dual booting OS X and Windows 7/8 see http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Thanks a lot Going Bald

@AkumaX : File can be downloaded at the bottom of this post :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...e-i5-4430-zotac-h87-itx-8gb-ram-gt-240-a.html

Hi Sylvio84.
I use Zotac h87 like you. But after finish install Mavericks and reboot, I met error boot0 , follow this guilde http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html I fixed the boot0 error but I stuck at grey screen with apple logo and start to spin 4ever. Do you have any idea to fix this ? . Many thanks.

Hi !
Did you replace the bios ?

Hi !
Did you replace the bios ?

I flashed Bios in minihack topic. I can boot in -x mode but with normal boot, It's stuck. I also setup MultiBeast like you. network work well in -x mode.
p/s: I installed Mavericks. Hope that you can show me ur set up of MultiBeast and any config of boot0 , DSDT, SSDT

It is strange because I mainly just flash Bios, do some bios settings*, and after that I install & boot Maverick without problem. I just setup Multibeast basicaly in order to have network, sound or additionnal thing like that but it was not needed to boot. I don't set DSDT, boot0, SSDT or things like that, there is no need I think & it is better without, I choose "DSDT Free" in multibeast.

*I did some settings in the bios like activating AHCI or something like that but nothing very particular, if I remember.

Maybe a problem with drive partition format ? I had a lot of problems with the Asus hackintosh because the SSD was setup with GPT/EFI table and not MBR (like the Zotac one).

I'm not an expert at all in hackintosh then I will not be able to be a big help for you (eg: I don't know or remember what is -x mode) More other, this hackintosh is used today by a colleague webdesigner and I can't access it easily (It works fine with win7 & maverick).

I hope you will find the problem or someone with more hackintosh knowledge will be more helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back