Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following the guide to get my HDMI audio to work for my system (Z77X-UD5H/GV-R6850).
What am I doing wrong?
Wrong thread, Post #1, Requirements
1. AMI UEFI/Haswell/8 Series/Socket 1150 Intel motherboard

You have a Ivy Bridge/7 Series/Socket 1155 Intel motherboard, see Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA, use 2. UEFI HDMI Audio (dsdt or ssdt) - Desktop.

I don't get any errors with MaciASL/"Native" DSDT.aml.

Hi - This is my first build and I too am struggling with getting audio output through HDMI. My monitor is a Sony TV, model KDL 32EX500 running at 1080p.

My setup is a CustoMac from the October buyer's guide running OSX 10.9 Mavericks (MultiBeast 6.0.1):

GA-Z87MX-D3H, BIOS F3
i7-4770
SanDisk Extreme SSD
IOGear Bluetooth GU521 dongle
TP-Link Wifi card
Vantec PCIe Firewire Card (uses TI chipset)
No graphics card and running graphics via inbuilt HD4600

In MultiBeast I built the boot with DSDT-free, ALC-892 DSDT-free selected, etc.

I have tried following the guide for both the DSDT and SSDT approach but with no luck. After the DSDT I did a fresh install of Mavericks and the performed the following:

1. Removed HDAEnabler1.kext from S/L/E
2. Confirmed no property injection in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Checked version of AppleHDA.kext and patched per instructions
4. Checked version of AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and patched per instructions
5. Rebuilt kernel cache using DPCIManager_ML
6. Confirmed no pre-existing Extra/SSDT.aml file
7. Downloaded https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm.../audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v1.zip, extracted, renamed and added to Extra/SSDT.aml
8. Made copies of SSDT.aml renamed SSDT-1 through SSDT-5 and added to Extra/ folder. (I gathered that this was what was required per the instructions but also tried using a single SSDT.aml, also didn't work)
9. Rebuilt kernel cache using DPCIManager_ML
10. Restarted and checked IOReg values as per trouble shooting section. I also checked Preferences/Sound and no HDMI option for output.

Files attached:

Any help greatly appreciated as I'm at a total loss. Thank you.

Attachments

• Extra-SSDT-grab.tiff
    175.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IOJones Dump.iojones
    756.4 KB · Views: 224
  • SSDT_ASL_File.dsl
    4.2 KB · Views: 195
  • SSDT-Dump.acpi
    49.9 KB · Views: 266
Hi - This is my first build and I too am struggling with getting audio output through HDMI.

8. Made copies of SSDT.aml renamed SSDT-1 through SSDT-5 and added to Extra/ folder. (I gathered that this was what was required per the instructions but also tried using a single SSDT.aml, also didn't work)
Not correct and not what the instruction says. If you started with 0 SSDTs in Extra, the HDMI audio SSDT is SSDT.aml. Delete any other SSDT.

Hi Toleda - Thanks for setting me straight. I thought I had read this bit wrong. I have deleted the extra SSDT-*.aml files and rebuilt the kernel cache.

Unfortunately still no HDMI sound. Did the rest of what I did look right?

I get the following comments when I rebuilt the kernel cache:

11/19/13, 10:13:15 PM, com.apple.kextcache[271]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/19/13, 10:13:15 PM, com.apple.kextcache[271]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext"
11/19/13, 10:13:15 PM, com.apple.kextcache[271]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/19/13, 10:13:15 PM, com.apple.kextcache[271]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext"
11/19/13, 10:13:14 PM, com.apple.kextcache[271]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"

I gather from some of the online posts that this is about Apple chaining what edits can be made to code without an authorized validation certificate. But not sure if this is an issue here.

Any other suggestions? Did the IOJones or other outputs look right?

Again, many thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Hi Toleda - Thanks for setting me straight. I thought I had read this bit wrong. I have deleted the extra SSDT-*.aml files and rebuilt the kernel cache.

I get the following comments when I rebuilt the kernel cache:
Ignore the warning messages, edits were made to the kext noted. Every time you make a change to the system, IOJones changes; attach the a new version. What port on the motherboard is the TV connected?

New IOJones dump attached. My TV is directly connected via the sole HDMI port of my MB.

Attachments

• IOJones Updated dump.iojones
    773.6 KB · Views: 225
Hi Toleda, thanks again for your help. One rather dumb question: how do I make the edit in post #25?

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Framebuffer 0x0300220D/edit

I can't find the reference that this points to in the kext and even if I had I'm not sure what I need to do to edit. I've tried to find this reference using each of the tools in the post. Do I need to use a Hex editor instead?

Yours in ignorance

It's alive! HDMI audio now working. I cheated somewhat after my last post as reading back through the thread I saw that Azimuth1 had the same issue and had uploaded his edited kext to post #35. I installed that using DPCIManager (having backed up the original kext), rebuilt the kernel cache (although I think the kext instal did that already and rebooted. Bang on!

I will now read through the link below and work out how to make the required edits myself.

Thank you so very much Toleda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back