Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Just wondering why any of these guides doesn't apply on AsRock x99 ?? its been months now and i still cant even reach the first boot.. i have the Asrock x99x Killer and i hope someone can help me with this,
Everytime i only reach to one simple stupid error that i cant pass!
wondering where this error occurs?
Nvidia official
Dsmos has arrived
nvidia disable (x4)
IOBluetoothHCIController [Start][Complete]
panic cpu # caller - And it Freeze here!

Who solve this problem deserve the title Hackintosh Geek lol
Now seriously help me.

-My PC details is in my profile desc.

One more successful build to add:

• Gigabyte X99-SOC Force
  • Intel Core i7 5830K
  • Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB GDDR5
  • 4x8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 RAM 32GB
  • Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD
  • Seagate 4TB Hybrid Data Drive SATA6
  • Corsair HX1000i 1KW PSU
  • Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling
  • Dual Samsung 28" 4K LCDs
  • Yosemite 10.10.1 & Clover

Still working on audio but everything else is working nicely!
As soon as I have audio working, I'll kick the over-clock back in, I have this machine running perfect at 4.6GHz. Disabled right now for troubleshooting.
4K works well in Yosemite and looking beautiful but I wish OS X had a GUI scaling feature like Windows... at native resolution, everything is too small. Same thing in Windows but at least it has the 150% mode which looks great.

Hi,

i got the same mobo and cpu/gpu but i am struggling with clover. Multibeast works without audio of course. Can you please send me your clover config file and the list of kexts you used?.
Thank you

So far so good with my ASUS X99 Deluxe Installation (Using Clover)

My build:

ASUS X99 Deluxe Motherboard BIOS Ver. 1004 <-- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Couldn't get into non USB Bootloader without it!

Intel Core i7 5930k CPU

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB GPU

Crucial DDR4 16GB 2133Mhz RAM

Current State:

Everything seems to be working just fine with my build EXCEPT: AUDIO and SLOW NETWORK

AUDIO:
OS X Yosemite has detected my built-in audio just fine. However, once the built-in audio output has been selected, ANY audio source will refuse to play, USB Audio work fine though. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! I'd love to use my speakers!

SLOW NETWORK: Network is working! However, The network connectivity, more specifically, upload speed, is much slower and Google in particular has been awfully slow. I think I remember seeing a post in here about slow network connectivity (Upload Speed) and how to fix it, but I did not have AppleIntelE1000e.kext in S/L/E or in /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10. I'm about to install it and test the fix.

Other than those two things, everything works fine for me! I even personalized it and rebooted and all went well.

MY PROCEDURE:

Before I go onto this, I tried Chameleon/Chimera and it DID NOT WORK, some people are more fortunate than I was and managed to get it to work with Chameleon/Chimera, ASUS X99 Motherboards apparently doesn't like it. I managed to get into the OS X Install via Installer USB, however, and installed bootloader on the OS X Install drive would not boot, Got errors involving USB or something like that, I can't quite remember. I made the Unibeast USB and everything, and I did not want to remake a Clover USB so I did the following and it worked with flying colors:

1. Created Unibeast USB, Installed VoodooTSCSync.kext (6-core) to /Extra/Extensions/ on the Unibeast USB and patched the Kernel using this terminal code:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

2. Install as normal using Unibeast USB, booted using only: npci=0x2000. The rest of the flags are taken care of by the Unibeast USB.

3. Booted back into Unibeast USB and Back into OS X Installer, using the same flag: npci-0x2000

4. Copied the Kernel over to the OS X installation using this terminal code (Assuming "USB" is the name of your Installer and "Yosemite" is the name of your OS X install drive):

Code:
cp -R /Volumes/"USB"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/

5. Booted into Yosemite Install using the Unibeast USB. Finished OS X setup and everything.

6. Installed Clover using standard UEFI settings and copied over VoodooTSCSync.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 (Create the Folder "10.10" if it's not there, or put it in the "Other" folder, either way works.)

7. Added "npci=0x2000" and "kext-dev-mode=1" to config.plist

8. Used "Clover Configurator" () to set up SMBios for MacPro6,1 setting.

9. Rebooted into UEFI Clover (MAKE SURE TO DISABLE SECURE BOOT! Change "Windows UEFI" to "Other OS" in Secure Boot settings in BIOS.) and booted into OS X Yosemite, if you did everything correctly, should boot without a hitch.

If everything worked, congratulations! You now have a semi-working OS X Yosemite install on ASUS X99 Deluxe. I'm fairly certain that this procedure would work with a Clover installation USB instead of Unibeast USB, but I was lazy and I didn't want to remake the installation USB.

Good luck!

Hi guys ! It's my first step with hackintosh and after spendig hours reading this forum I followed CrusaderArts instructions , have almost the same hardware :

ASUS X99-A with latest 1004 BIOS
i75930k
Gigabyte GTX 780 TI Windforce
16gb DDR 4 Corsair LPX 2133mhz RAM
1 Samsung Evo 840 500gb
1 Samsung Evo 820 250gb
1 ThundeboltEXII card

Loaded default BIOS settings and changed only Secure Boot , disabling it and setting OtherOS . Tried to disable CMS but I couldn't see any drive in boot option so I left CMS on AUTO .
Also VT-D set to disable.

Installation with Unibeast went fine . Post install was made with Multibeast but now I can only boot from Yosemite HD in safe mode . I've tried also an installation in the othe ssd drive using Clover for post install but is not working .
In the attached file I submit the error I get when booting with first install method (unibeast and Multibeast).

Any help would be appreciated

boot-err.jpg

Hi guys ! It's my first step with hackintosh and after spendig hours reading this forum I followed CrusaderArts instructions , have almost the same hardware :

ASUS X99-A with latest 1004 BIOS
i75930k
Gigabyte GTX 780 TI Windforce
16gb DDR 4 Corsair LPX 2133mhz RAM
1 Samsung Evo 840 500gb
1 Samsung Evo 820 250gb
1 ThundeboltEXII card

Loaded default BIOS settings and changed only Secure Boot , disabling it and setting OtherOS . Tried to disable CMS but I couldn't see any drive in boot option so I left CMS on AUTO .
Also VT-D set to disable.

Installation with Unibeast went fine . Post install was made with Multibeast but now I can only boot from Yosemite HD in safe mode . I've tried also an installation in the othe ssd drive using Clover for post install but is not working .
In the attached file I submit the error I get when booting with first install method (unibeast and Multibeast).

Any help would be appreciated

View attachment 117491
Exactly same as what i always get except the fact the i cant even reach the installer.

However, i dont think you can boot in -x, well if u can then try to change ur Mac version to 6,1 instead of 5,1

Try IOBluetoothFamily from 10.9.5 and maybe IOBluetoothHIDDriver as well. If that doesn't work you could delete IOBluetoothFamily entirely, assuming you don't need bluetooth. A few X99-A owners have had problems with that kext. That board doesn't have built-in bluetooth does it?

Try IOBluetoothFamily from 10.9.5 and maybe IOBluetoothHIDDriver as well. If that doesn't work you could delete IOBluetoothFamily entirely, assuming you don't need bluetooth. A few X99-A owners have had problems with that kext. That board doesn't have built-in bluetooth does it?
I tried that and that didnt work

Hey all, new BIOS for Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5-WiFi version F8h

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5124#bios

Update description only lists support for forth coming GC-Thunderbolt 2 card, but with the new BIOS I can finally boot using Chimera !!!

Now booting from Plextor PX-G256M6e M.2 drive !!!

Hoping Santa (Gigabyte) will make GC-Thunderbolt 2 cards available in time for Xmas !!!

Also got update for HW Monitor update to Version 6.12.1362.

Haven't had the time to test adding the CPUSensor kext back to /S/L/E to see if we're done with Kernel panics.

Yep, same position here with ASUS X99-A. I can happily boot with -X, but am getting very bored with Safe Mode.

Hi, I am using a GA-X99-UD4 motherboard with an i7 5930K, GTX 980 and the Yosemite Unibeast tutorial:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

With everything on the BIOS set correctly, I get either a black screen, or the grey apple screen without the spinning logo, I see some of you have similar systems but couldn't find how you solved the issue.

Can someone help?

Can you post a pic while running with:
-v nv_disable=1
?

Back