Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Hi, I need some help with post installations. My system is:

i7 5820K
GIGABYTE X99-UD5 WIFI
GIGABYTE GTX970 G.1

I installed yosemite fine but after installing multibeast with following settings yosemite cannot boot. I tried -v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1. Did not help

Screenshot 2014-12-07 22.48.32.png

Steps I took:

Edit VoodooTSCSync.kext’s info.plist set IOCPUNUMBER = 11 (right click>show package contents)

Follow step 1, 2, 3 here

Boot unibeast using: -v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1 (Colton328's instruction) maxmem=4096
Installed Yosemite successfully* clone yosemite here just in case

Follow step 4,5,6 here

Boot to Yosemite using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 (Colton328's instruction)

After this I get stuck at apple logo, after a while the logo disappears :/ Now I cannot boot into Yosemite.

Steps I took:

Edit VoodooTSCSync.kext’s info.plist set IOCPUNUMBER = 11 (right click>show package contents)

Who instructed you to do this step? That is not part of the build instructions in the OP...

Who instructed you to do this step? That is not part of the build instructions in the OP...
Thanks for the reply. Dev state in the download page here: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/

The Kext matches using IOCPUNumber in the Info.plist
so if you have a c2duo, you'd set IOCPUNumber=1 if you have an i7 you'd set IOCPUNumber=7

Should I have done differently?

Update:

I got to the yosemite by copying ktext from USB's /Extra/Extensions -> Yosemite's /Extra/Extensions Yosemite's was empty there.. Now I'm working on graphic card.

Thanks for the reply. Dev state in the download page here: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/

Should I have done differently?

Update:

I got to the yosemite by copying ktext from USB's /Extra/Extensions -> Yosemite's /Extra/Extensions Yosemite's was empty there.. Now I'm working on graphic card.

No offense, but if you don't follow the instructions as posted in this thread & you add steps found in other areas, it makes it more difficult for followers to help you troubleshoot & resolve your issues. Have you tried simply following the instructions in the OP only? There are many of us that have and have functioning systems....

@ BoomR did you ever figure out your performance issue with Clover?

@ BoomR did you ever figure out your performance issue with Clover?

Not really - I tried a couple things in the UEFI (not using the XMP setting - just manually setting things using basically the same values), and not really any change.... I've not had any time to fuss with it due to "day job" stuff... but hoping that this coming weekend I can dive back into it...

Not really - I tried a couple things in the UEFI (not using the XMP setting - just manually setting things using basically the same values), and not really any change.... I've not had any time to fuss with it due to "day job" stuff... but hoping that this coming weekend I can dive back into it...

Cool, hopefully you can work it out. I plan on doing an X99 come tax refund season and I use Clover exclusively. I would hate to have to sacrifice performance because of that.

I'd like to report my success.

i7 5820K
GIGABYTE X99-UD5 WIFI firmware f8b
GIGABYTE GTX970 G.1
Samsung 850 pro 256
Creative X-Mod for sound
Cosair H80i
Kingston HyperX 16gb predator 2800
Cintiq13HD connected to dvi adaptor (hdmi doesn't work)

what doesn't work/I don't know how to make it work that I know of:
wifi
sleep
boot w/o USB

Additional boot flag/step I did

1st boot to USB npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

2nd boot to USB npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

3rd boot to OSX nv_disable=1
install nvidia web driver
4th boot to OSX nvda_drv=1
install multibeast
add boot flag nvda_drv=1 npci=0x2000

multibeast option
Screenshot 2014-12-08 22.22.12.png
Geekbench

Before multibeast
single core score 3251
multi core score 17124

After
multibeast
single core score 2588
multi core score 16789
systems runs hot @ ~40c windows runs @ ~30 ambient 25c

I don't know why single core score went down

pressing O.C. button at the back brings the system to
single core score ~3100
multi core score ~20000
@ ~50c

I'll try nullpowermanagement as suggested in rep 100,492 once I'm done installing apps...
update Can't get
nullpowermanagement to work on my setup :/

GA-X99-UD4
i7-5930K
Asus GTX 680 2GB
32GB Ram
Samsung 840Pro 256GB

Most of system works OK with UniBeast, MultiBeast and Clover. Have USB audio, so haven't tested motherboard audio.

Sleep does not work. Seems to go to sleep OK, but when waking up the machine reboots. All my other hackintosh systems have worked out of the box with sleep so I'm new to the problem. Anything in MultiBeast or Clover I need to install to get sleep working on X99, or is it impossible until we get supported hardware in a real mac?

Makalu , I have a same MB as you...Can you tell me if you disabled "Secure Boot" is i cant seam to have an option is it's greyed out.

That's true, I could not disable secure boot as well, but I could set it to "Other OS" what I did. I think this is mandatory to have OS X running (or linux...).

Back