Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

OK, here it is with that:

vlcsnap-2014-12-13-13h55m40s204.png

Btw, I always get a black screen when not using safe mode (-x) when booting, but this is the last frame of code I got before the black screen.

UPDATE!

I decided to format the USB and start again, following this tutorial again.

I have got a bit further this time, I get to the grey apple screen and the loading bar appears and begins to move, the only problem is that it gets stuck and stops moving around 1/5th through.

Screenshot below.

vlcsnap-2014-12-13-18h37m32s29.png

(The screenshot shows the place it stopped(and yes I did wait quite a while for it))

UPDATE!

I decided to format the USB and start again, following this tutorial again.

I have got a bit further this time, I get to the grey apple screen and the loading bar appears and begins to move, the only problem is that it gets stuck and stops moving around 1/5th through.

Screenshot below.

View attachment 117886

(The screenshot shows the place it stopped(and yes I did wait quite a while for it))

Mine does the same thing, try booting with -v so we xan see where it hangs up.
Mine stops at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.
I've tried diabling the Ndivia card, but no luck.

EDIT: This finally worked for me:
-x -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Okay, using the settings in my last post let me get the installer to go through completely, I then followed the rest of the steps at the start of the guide, but can't seem to get my GTX970 to work via HDMI.
I'm really not sure what I should be selecting in Multibeast either.

To get Yosemite to boot, I still have to use -x -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

If I dont use the -x, it hangs up at the PCI stage :(

Hello,

I am having some issues with getting this to work. My specs.

Gigabyte x99-ud4
Intel i7 5820
EVGA Geforce 770

I can get everything to install fine. I use the ncpi=0x2000 to boot and i can use the Yos 10.10 without not other issues. I can surf safari, imessage, etc. Problem I have is with the latest mulitbeast. I am trying to add some drivers in but when i install them, the system will no longer boot. I go through the entire process again and try again and same problem. Everything works until I add the chameleon.boot xml file to the setup and it no longer boots. Internet works, graphic cards works but just want to add some multibeast drivers like usb 3.0 and audio stuff. What am I doing wrong. Again everything works great until i add multibeast drivers and then when I reboot, i star at the apple logo with no progress. It seems that my chameleon.boot xml file does not exist until I run multibeast and then that when it will fail. I have tried the wizard with same results.

I have managed to install Yosemite onto my system using this method however I cannot patch the kernel for some reason (possibly because I'm doing it wrong) and when I boot I am greeted with the grey Apple screen and nothing else, or a black screen after the code in verbose mode.

I am using the GA-X99-UD4 board with an i7 5930K and GTX 980.

Hello,

What am I doing wrong. Again everything works great until i add multibeast drivers and then when I reboot, i star at the apple logo with no progress. It seems that my chameleon.boot xml file does not exist until I run multibeast and then that when it will fail. I have tried the wizard with same results.

Remember: Every time you run MultiBeast, it will over-write your org.chameleon.boot.plist file with a new version that will not have the edits you need. After you run MultiBeast, go make sure that your boot flags that you need are all in place.

Back