Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Update for my Hackintosh....success! First tried in December but gave up and then this weekend i tried with a combination of clover and Unibeast and little googling and now have a fully working and stable Hackintosh which can render all my 3D work 20% faster then windows! I have followed for the initial installation Bob Roche's video using Unibeast and then Clover for post-installation.

That's awesome mate! May I ask why you used clover instead of Multibeast for post-installation work? Besides iMessage is there any advantage?

Any hope for xeon e5 2600 v3 series?

That's awesome mate! May I ask why you used clover instead of Multibeast for post-installation work? Besides iMessage is there any advantage?

Honestly it was the method used by Bob Roche in his video, but I hear Clover is a little more stable but more complex (I don't know if it's true or not). I have had some issues when setting clover up and was unable to restart so all i did was boot using my UniBeast USB to solve the problem and try something else. I don't know if there is any more advantages unless someone can enlighten us? Also i don't use iMessage, and my dual monitors working on Unibeast strait away but not on clover..so i might of just wasted my time :lol:

Timmy, I booted it using my Unibeast USB. I installed OS X using Unibeast and then installed Clover on the new operating system. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i guess as i installed both boatloads i can still use both??? Not sure myself :banghead:

Alright so my Thunderbolt 2 card came in and got that working as well finally. I had to revert to chimera as clover basically just wouldn't work any longer after the card was installed. I just kept getting memory errors in clover.

So now I have every single thing working on this Hack including an Apple Thunderbolt Display!

Hey guys. Please check my post as I officially have clover support for this guide

Working on compat for Vanilla installs for 5960x

Check it out for UEFI.

When using a 5960x you have to include 10.9 Rollbacks for your IOPCIFamily and your IOACPIFamily

Try using mavericks its best suited for x99

Try base install methods and modify the pkg file if you really want Yosemite.

Back