Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Do the steps exactly like in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

then use these flags to boot when installing.

-x -f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 (if u have a maxwell 970/980 GPU add nv_disable=1 also)

This will get you past the PCI configuration begin if you have done the steps correctly.

You also have to be on BIOS 7.0.2 or higher, and you have to set "Other OS" in the BIOS.

Svenne förresten?

Do the steps exactly like in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

-x -f -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 (if u have a maxwell 970/980 GPU add nv_disable=1 also)

This will get you past the PCI configuration begin if you have done the steps correctly.

You also have to be on BIOS 7.0.2 or higher, and you have to set "Other OS" in the BIOS.

Svenne förresten?

Ok, ska testa senare.

Vad får dig att tro de! haha! Palme_570 om du hänger på swec =)

Svenne förresten?

This seems to work on one machine. Will test in the morning.

Hello there , i got here Gigabyte Soc Force x99 with 5960x and r9 280x gigabyte as well,i tried different combos like chimera bootloader ,chameleon ,multibeast with legacy boot and uefi , i can't even touch the installer screen my far result is , pci configuration begin, i tried also all flags and kernel also the patched kernels, i got a question , does someone got this r9 280x working in his system? is compatible with hakingtosh? i saw on a youtube a video with the same card ,it's look like 7970 tahiti , where i am wrong?:banghead:

Svenne förresten?

Same error after trying that guide.
I cant do the verify permissions step i dont know if thats a crucial step? The option is greyd out...

Download Kextwizard, it will let you repair permissions on that USB, and try if u can. I couldnt repair permissions either.

Hello there , i got here Gigabyte Soc Force x99 with 5960x and r9 280x gigabyte as well,i tried different combos like chimera bootloader ,chameleon ,multibeast with legacy boot and uefi , i can't even touch the installer screen my far result is , pci configuration begin, i tried also all flags and kernel also the patched kernels, i got a question , does someone got this r9 280x working in his system? is compatible with hakingtosh? i saw on a youtube a video with the same card ,it's look like 7970 tahiti , where i am wrong?:banghead:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/112862-asus-amd-r9-280x-working-oob.html

Download Kextwizard, it will let you repair permissions on that USB, and try if u can. I couldnt repair permissions either.

Worked like a charm ty ^^ since we are on the same motherboard what kexts did you use for usb 3 sound etc and getting it to work without -x ( safe mode) flag ?

Havent gotten that far yet, something is wrong with my install, cant get the nvidia web drivers to work properly, i have GUI issues and i cannot open the Nvidia Control center without it crashing. Cant install the cuda driver either.
Dont know how to get it to work without -x but i am not very good with this.

Thanks to this amazing forum and very helpful guys I decided to go the x99 route :)
I joined the club a couple of days ago but unfortunately I haven't been able to get a running version of Yosemite yet. :|

My hardware:
Asus X99-A (BIOS Version 1203)
i7 5820k
Asus GTX 760
Samsung EVO 840

I disabled all options in advanced/cpu config/cpu powermanagement
Enhanced Speedstep / Turbo / CPUC

I followed the instructions of Page1 & Unibeast precisely and read the whole thread again, but everytime I try to run through the process again I get the same error.

I'm able to install Yosemite on the SSD (bootflag -x) but after I copied the kernel of the USB stick to the Yosemite partition I can't restart the computer via the menu. Do you hard - reset your PCs??

And after I did that and try to boot for the first time from my new created "Yosemite" partition I get this error:
IMG_5417.jpgIMG_5419.jpg

I have no idea what my problem could be in this situation. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I don't know if it matters, but I recognized that at the bootscreen of the USB there is always a RAID typo at the newly installed Yosemite drive?!

IMG_5420.jpg

Back