Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

But more importantly, the problem is your video card. The R9 (or R7's for that matter) do not support legacy boot mode. I had that same exact issue - and was told by one of the power users/moderators that the issue was just that.

So I ended up returning my XFX R9 270X and getting one of the NVIDIA cards on the Buyer's Guide. Connected that, booted with the proper boot flags, and BAM, works like a champ. I hope that it's not too late and you can return your GPUs. If not, you may have to check over in the video support forum to see if there are any users trying to get that card to work in Mavericks. That might give you some direction on how to make your cards work in Yosemite.

I know it's water under the bridge but, out of curiosity, did you try this before returning them?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I decided to keep the cards. Everything else is working well know. I may try this fix but I'm hesitant to mess around with my set up unless there's a decent chance of success.

You don't use multibeast and you don't clone anything.

Install OS to SSD with Unibeast then once it's running install Clover to SSD/EFI and switch to clover as your boot loader.

Thanks bomerr, I installed the Clover bootloader, but as soon as I click on the my drive name, it gives me a black screen.
Would you mind sharing your clover configurations, since you seem to have the same components (UD4 & 5820K)? I am new to clover and completely lost.

A - First to make sure: the SSD should be formatted to GUID, right?
B - While installing Clover, do I only need 1) UEFI booting 2) Clover in the ESP and 3) Themes, or do I also need to check any of the RC scripts or drivers?
C - Regarding the Clover settings: I did add my default boot volume name (without "legacy" or "default loader"), and checked the "npci=0x2000" argument, also selected the mac 3,1 from SMBIOS. Is there anything else I should check in the configurator?
D - Where do I put the VoodooTSCSync.kext?

Thanks

Actually, your score would be a lot higher if you ran Geekbench in 64bit mode.

its 350 points difference on my system between 32/64bit

Thanks bomerr, I installed the Clover bootloader, but as soon as I click on the my drive name, it gives me a black screen.
Would you mind sharing your clover configurations, since you seem to have the same components (UD4 & 5820K)? I am new to clover and completely lost.

A - First to make sure: the SSD should be formatted to GUID, right?
B - While installing Clover, do I only need 1) UEFI booting 2) Clover in the ESP and 3) Themes, or do I also need to check any of the RC scripts or drivers?
C - Regarding the Clover settings: I did add my default boot volume name (without "legacy" or "default loader"), and checked the "npci=0x2000" argument, also selected the mac 3,1 from SMBIOS. Is there anything else I should check in the configurator?
D - Where do I put the VoodooTSCSync.kext?

Thanks
A - Yes the SSD with OS X should be GUID

B- Clover settings are
*Install for UEFI
*Install Clover in ESP
*Your theme choice or none at all
*Drivers:
OSXApitoFixDRV
ParitionDxe
*Install RC scripts on target volume
*preference panel

C - just use this config file. As long as you have the nvidia web drivers installed it'll work or you can remove that flag. You will need to add a new SmUUID and Custom UUID (type uuidgen in terminal), along with a new serial number and board serial number to get iMessage working

D- Mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator. put your kext here EFi/Clover/kexts/10.10 . For reference this is what I am using. Add the SSDT.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

E. You only change the settings in the config.plist inside the efi/clover folder

Also make sure you are on beta bios F9e

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 10.39.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 10.39.37 AM.png
    150 KB · Views: 189
  • config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 250

Relative Success with X99 Deluxe, 4930K & Dual R9 280X

Unibeast / Multibeast

Booting with the USB but I can live with that for now. Audio through a Fiio DAC - will deal with that later.

Geekbench: 4502/24665 (http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1184742)

What are your UEFI BIOS settings to get your overclock speed? I have same mobo & processor. Also curious as to how you got your ATI Radeon R9 280x cards working....THANKS!

I know it's water under the bridge but, out of curiosity, did you try this before returning them?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I decided to keep the cards. Everything else is working well know. I may try this fix but I'm hesitant to mess around with my set up unless there's a decent chance of success.

Nope... I only learned of that technique well after I returned my R9 card... :(

hmm, maybe i should buy geekbench

Just a suggestion, but consider the package that includes Windows and/or Linux. You might need it down the line. I wouldn't mind having it now.

Back