Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Another successful installation here :headbang:

- Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 with the latest F9e bios
- i7-5820
- Nvidia GTX 970
- Clover
- SMBIOS from iMac 13,1

The worst part was actually audio, I solved it with Voodo kext but I will try HDAEnabler latter today.

iMessage is working as well with the help of Apple support and fix iMessage thread :thumbup: on general help sub forum.

I though have problem with graphics, it keeps switching back to system driver after every reboot so there I'm not yet done, as well as system info is showing unknown cpu and unknown graphic card with 0 MB.

Any advices?

Tnx
Bad Idea installing Voodoo because it breaks the stock AppleHDA.kext.
I couldn't figured out how to remove it and ended up reinstalling the entire OS.

You need to use the bootflag nvda_drv=1 after installing the web drivers
For unknown CPU enter "[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]1281" for type under the CPU section in clover. [/FONT]

"For unknown CPU enter "1281" for type under the CPU section in clover." - what is this good for?

I couldn't figured out how to remove it and ended up reinstalling the entire OS.

It is enough to just put VoodooHDA.kext in CLOVER kext dir and so AppleHDA is untouched for later if needed.

It is enough to just put VoodooHDA.kext in CLOVER kext dir and so AppleHDA is untouched for later if needed.
Voodoo installs a lot of stuff like applehda disabler and idk what else. Your best bet is to not use voodoo and apply the proper fix from toleda.

"For unknown CPU enter "1281" for type under the CPU section in clover." - what is this good for?
it tricks the about this mac window into displaying "6-core Intel Xeon"
there is another code you can enter to show 8-core.

have anyone tried PCIRootUID=1 ? or = 0? (its boot option param - the place where you put npci=0x2000)

Voodoo installs a lot of stuff like applehda disabler and idk what else. Your best bet is to not use voodoo and apply the proper fix from toleda.[/QUOT]

When you just put VoodooHDA in CLOVER, it doesn't install anything. I tried to use AppleHDA patch, but it didn't work on my system (ASUS RVE), so I got back to VoodooHDA, which worked OK from the beginning (only issue I had is reconnecting SPDIF, I am now using HDMI instead)

I plan to give AppleHDA another try when I have time, but until then I will keep using VoodooHDA as it worked OK out of the box.

You need to use the bootflag nvda_drv=1 after installing the web drivers
For unknown CPU enter "1281" for type under the CPU section in clover.

Hmm, didn't know that about Voodoo. Nothing that safe mode kext removal can't solve ;)

I have already in boot parameters nvda_drv=1 as well as kext-dev-mode and npci=0x2000.

I will test 1281 latter.

read my posts do what do i say.
i did and i got stuck at
iobluetoothhcicontroller[start][complete]
then this showed up
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Any fix?

Hi there, I'm about to build the same machine as some of you are with almost the same parts. Did you guys get yours working fine? I have been told with all the new hardware I might have to wait till the new Mac Pro is refreshed but it seems to not be the case?
How is your builds going? Im looking to use the i7 5820k, Gigabyte ud4 motherboard and the gtx 760 as well as 2 solid state drives.

Hi guys!
Thanks for this thread.
I am building my first Hackintosh and have so far managed to install Yosemite on GA-X99-UD4 / i7-5820K / GTX770, however having some difficulties with post-installation.

I used UniBeast to install on a GUID formatted SSD and then cloned it on an MBR formatted SSD. When I run Multibeast, the system cannot boot and freezes on the white apple logo. I tried re-cloning it a couple of times from the GUID drive and re-running Multibeast with different (and less) options, last time even only the easy mode with no other options selected.

I am not sure if this helps, but I will attach two screenshots in the "v" mode, one with "npci=0x2000" and without. (I don't know if I should enter the flag every time?)

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 143
Back