Contribute
Register

Hackintosh will be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using an Asus Maximus VI Extreme on my primary Hackintosh rig. It has been good so far. I had to put the boot loader on the EFI partition though (there is an excellent guide posted on this site for doing so and its really not hard to set up).

On another rig, I have a Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 which was never intended to be a Hackintosh when I built it and its been a lot more trouble to get it up and running as its components such as the sound (SoundBlaster Core3D) arent supported under OS X.

Both are Z87 based but between these two that I have, the Asus is much easier to do a build with. I can't really recommend the G1.Sniper 5 for use as a Hackintosh unless you have the time to troubleshoot the install.

Hope that helps.

Really you helped me a lot :)
Thank you very much and have fun with your Hackintosh
I guess I will make it :p

See you!

Really you helped me a lot :)
Thank you very much and have fun with your Hackintosh
I guess I will make it :p

See you!

I am on Z87 so can't really give you first hand details on Z97. Personally, I am holding off on doing a new build until there is native OS X support for Z97. :geek:

In the future MAYBE. This largely depends on if Apple releases a new Mac with the Z97 chipset. They most likely will but its speculation at this point.

Hmm I see its really interesting :think::think:
You ever have problems with your hackintosh? Like graphic fails/boot fails etc.?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I see its really interesting :think::think:
You ever have problems with your hackintosh? Like graphic fails/boot fails etc.?

Sure. I've run into issues but I've managed to fix them as they came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back