Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GLAN is the DSDT name for your built-in gigabit ethernet lan controller. The DSDT section for GLAN (from your DSDT file) shows:

Code:
        Device (GLAN)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00190000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }
        }

You can either completely remove the _PWR method, or have it return 0x00 instead of 0x04.

I found a similar post in this thread -- see post #9: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wake-reason-glan-is-this-a-dsdt-issue.190329/ (different motherboard but also uses a Realtek gigabit ethernet lan controller)

EDIT: Before you start messing around with the DSDT, though, I wonder if your issue may be fixed using the FixDarwin_0002 option in Clover (under the ACPI tab). Most DSDTs have methods specific to the operating system being installed, and most boards today have support only for Windows and Linux and not OS X (Darwin). The FixDarwin_0002 will attempt to make the DSDT behave as though the system were running Windows and enable most/all of the ACPI devices/features. I would try this first. If this does not fix your sleep issues, then I would try to modify the DSDT so that the _PWR method for GLAN returns 0 and not 4.

FixDarwin_002 didn't work. Editing the GLAN _PRW from 0x04 to Zero also did not work. I'm still getting GLAN EH01 wake reason.

FixDarwin_002 didn't work. Editing the GLAN _PRW from 0x04 to Zero also did not work. I'm still getting GLAN EH01 wake reason.

Attach patched DSDT along with Native DSDT extracted from ACPI.

Attach patched DSDT along with Native DSDT extracted from ACPI.

Yes, attach both sets of DSDTs -- one reason is to verify that your patches indeed got applied.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 86
That's a good idea since I'm not really sure what I'm doing.:lol:
Here you go.

DSDT isn't patched correctly. USB 2.0 is coming under EHC1, EHC2 should be under EH01, EH02 also no AAPL Values, SATA is coming under SAT0 should be under SATA. DSDT isn't patched correctly.

Rename USB1 to UHC1
Rename USB2 to UHC2
Rename USB3 to UHC3
Rename USB4 to UHC4
Rename USB5 to UHC5
Rename USB6 to UHC6
Rename USB7 to UHC7

When you applied the patches via Clover, did you make sure to mount your EFI partition?

DSDT isn't patched correctly. USB 2.0 is coming under EHC1, EHC2 should be under EH01, EH02 also no AAPL Values, SATA is coming under SAT0 should be under SATA. DSDT isn't patched correctly.

Rename USB1 to UHC1
Rename USB2 to UHC2
Rename USB3 to UHC3
Rename USB4 to UHC4
Rename USB5 to UHC5
Rename USB6 to UHC6
Rename USB7 to UHC7

Ouch! I have no idea how to do all that. :crazy:
Is it like just editing on text edit/notepad?

I was not able to open your edited DSDT (perhaps you can upload a source file rather than the aml file), but from VioletDragon's post it would seem that your Clover modifications did not actually get applied (hence my question about mounting EFI). You need to find a way to verify that your settings got applied. For example, your original DSDT shows EHC1 as the name for one of your USB branches. If you had applied the patch that renames EHC1 to EH01 then it should appear as EH01 when you pull the new DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back