Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hackintosh-wakes-up-immediately-after-sleep-os-x-10-11-6.219210

I don´t know if it will work for you but try it anyway
Open config.plist in Clover Configurator check this:

Skærmbillede 2017-05-11 kl. 19.28.08.png

On my system I have to use that option to solve the problem

The following are not related to your sleep issues, but I wonder why you have them selected (in your config.plist) since your hardware does not seem to require them:

Under Kernel and Kext Patches you have KernelPM and AppleRTC selected. KernelPM is for Haswell CPUs whereas yours (i7-2600K) is a Sandy Bridge. AppleRTC is to fix CMOS resets (loss of BIOS settings). This was an issue for Gigabyte boards. Unless your board also exhibits the same issue, it is probably best to remove this option. Write down your BIOS settings before removing it, though.

Anyway, your edited DSDT does not show any modifications other than the _PWR method for GLAN being modified. There were no modifications to EHC1/2 or to OSI matching. This seems to suggest that either 1) your Clover options are not being applied -- are you editing the correct config file? -- or 2) you aren't properly grabbing the DSDT that Clover has modified during the boot process. When you apply the EHC1 > EH01 patch, for example, then your DSDT as it appears to OS X should show no traces of EHC1 and instead have EH01 in its place.

How are you getting your DSDT? Through what program? If you use MacIASL, you can do: File > Open from ACPI > DSDT and it should show your modified DSDT with all the Clover patches included.

I don´t know if it will work for you but try it anyway
Open config.plist in Clover Configurator check this:

View attachment 254042
On my system I have to use that option to solve the problem

Look at the config. They're already present but requires USB renames to UHC.

The following are not related to your sleep issues, but I wonder why you have them selected (in your config.plist) since your hardware does not seem to require them:

Under Kernel and Kext Patches you have KernelPM and AppleRTC selected. KernelPM is for Haswell CPUs whereas yours (i7-2600K) is a Sandy Bridge. AppleRTC is to fix CMOS resets (loss of BIOS settings). This was an issue for Gigabyte boards. Unless your board also exhibits the same issue, it is probably best to remove this option. Write down your BIOS settings before removing it, though.

Anyway, your edited DSDT does not show any modifications other than the _PWR method for GLAN being modified. There were no modifications to EHC1/2 or to OSI matching. This seems to suggest that either 1) your Clover options are not being applied -- are you editing the correct config file? -- or 2) you aren't properly grabbing the DSDT that Clover has modified during the boot process. When you apply the EHC1 > EH01 patch, for example, then your DSDT as it appears to OS X should show no traces of EHC1 and instead have EH01 in its place.

How are you getting your DSDT? Through what program? If you use MacIASL, you can do: File > Open from ACPI > DSDT and it should show your modified DSDT with all the Clover patches included.

Most causes of Broken Sleep are USB & Native Powermanagement however the Intel Pentium G630 is not native no Mac has never had a Intel Pentium G630 won't have Native Powermanagement. Look at ioreg there is no X86PlatformPlugin.

Ok i was only guessing
I remember many years ago that certain DVD drives could make my old hack wake immediately after fallen to sleep.
Since then I only use drives from LG or Sony.
So if he has a dvd drive in his system he could try to unplug that.
Again just a guess

Different hardware has different affects.

Look at the config. They're already present but requires USB renames to UHC.
I think you misunderstand me.
I´m refering to FixShutdown_0004
The screenshot is from karlkalabaaaw`s config.plist where I added it

Last edited:
Most causes of Broken Sleep are USB & Native Powermanagement however the Intel Pentium G630 is not native no Mac has never had a Intel Pentium G630 won't have Native Powermanagement. Look at ioreg there is no X86PlatformPlugin.

I don't know how I confused this -- for whatever reason I was thinking he had an i7-2600K. Nevertheless, neither of those options (KernelPM and AppleRTC) seem necessary for his setup.

I am still curious how he pulled his DSDT and not have the Clover patches appear in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back