Contribute
Register

hackintosh Reliability video editing help needed*Pretty Prease :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
imac
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey everyone. im new to the site and new to hackintosh. Right now my gf and i are using a late 2012 IMac with 32gb ram, 680 graphics, i7 4 core, 3tb hard drive etc. i use it only for web, fcpx, and davinci resolve 10.

that being said i need a new computer/hackintosh build that is as reliable as that computer or faster/beefier meaning better graphics card.

i have been searching the internet today it seems for like hours. About 6 or so sofar. and am not really coming up with a really consistent build. oh my price tag is about $1000. Since my eyeballs feel like they are going to fall out i thought i would just ask since i've come to a stand still on my own.

i do happen to know kind of what i like and what would be compatible so here they go.. please bear with me.

1. so im kinda confused as to which motherboard to buy. i dont have any thunderbolt devices and i dont really see myself buying any time soon so i dont really need that.

2. CPU.. I believe an i7 4 core should be plenty. 6 core sounds mighty fine but its a little out of my budget. being able to update to 6 core in the future if possible would be cool.

i guess to combine question 1 and 2.. which motherboard specifically should i get with the i7 4 core and what specific model for the CPU? i need it to be as compatible with 10.8 OS MAC i heard some people having issues with non compatibility when it comes to running mac os when it came to certain motherboards.

3. Graphics card. I'm going to be using Davinci Resolve so i know i need a CUDA type card. please excuse my lack of know how when it comes to the proper lingo. the iMac has a 680 .... but i need a little help with a card that will deliver more performance even if it means a little bit of a higher-ish price tag

i really appreciate you guys reading this and please keep in mind my vocabulary was horrible due to the fact that my brain is fried and i'm pretty much sleep typing at this point but any and all help is beyond appreciated.

PS have an amazing Thanksgiving!!!! :)

Welcome.

Look at the buyer's guide for some great recommended motherboards and CPU's. Using that, build a shopping list and share it here so we can comment on it.

Good Luck.

sounds good. i will do that for sure. i'll be back in a hot sec with the info thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back