Contribute
Register

Hackintosh on Dell Latitude E6520 - Legacy boot - CLOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan,

Very happy with this laptop running 10.12.6 with i7-2760QM (Quad core) and 16 GB ram !

Everything is working. Had to replace the standard wifi card with DW1510. Working !

Audio working !

I need just a nudge in the right direction. I tried to update from 10.12.6 to 10.13 without any success and don't know where to start looking for the root cause.

Had no success with the following methods (trying to update to 10.13):

1. Running the script : /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

This only reboot the machine without actually installing anything.

From the terminal there is some output, but then the machine reboot. At clover startup screen there is no selection to boot
into the installer and continue the installation.

2. Running macOS High Sierra.app directly but this has the same effect as step 1 above

3. Build an USB installer with clover legacy boot loader. I used the following command witch created the USB installer and then installed latest clover version onto the USB.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Running USB installer with verbose mode creates panic at some point, something about macdep error when booting the installer. I don't know how to find the log and or kernel panic to establish the root cause ??

4. Tried building an USB installer with unibeast, but this creates EUFI boot disk and this laptop does not seem to be able to recognized booting EUFI mode even though I did set the bios setting to EUFI.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Your copy of Clover is not new enough for 10.13.

Your copy of Clover is not new enough for 10.13.

sincere apologies :oops:, my mistake for not ensuring clover is up to date.

I have installed latest clover V 4439. Then reboot to ensure all is good.

After re-running the installer via terminal the clover boot option now includes an additional folder "boot MacOS installerR from recovery". Prior to his there was only 1 of them, Now I have 2.

/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --agreetolicense --converttoapfs NO --nointeraction

I'm using legacy boot mode. No need for HFSPlus.efi as your guide states.

At clover boot prompt, I still don't have the option to boot macOS High Sierra installer.

any help would be great....

Attachments

• debug_32470.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4607.JPG
    IMG_4607.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
sincere apologies :oops:, my mistake for not ensuring clover is up to date.

I have installed latest clover V 4439. Then reboot to ensure all is good.

After re-running the installer via terminal the clover boot option now includes an additional folder "boot MacOS installerR from recovery". Prior to his there was only 1 of them, Now I have 2.

/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --agreetolicense --converttoapfs NO --nointeraction

I'm using legacy boot mode. No need for HFSPlus.efi as your guide states.

At clover boot prompt, I still don't have the option to boot macOS High Sierra installer.

any help would be great....

Create USB as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back