1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello

I need some help on getting my internal display to work.

I have installed yosemite and it boots perfectly fine with full acceleration on an external display, but the internal display does not want to work.

I can use the internal display till I get about 50% OSX loading up (I get the apple logo on my screen and then the output switches)
I have tried nvdisable and that caused it to boot up into the internal display, but without any acceleration meaning that the laptop was slow and looked very buggy.

Has anyone else come across this problem before? I would really love to get OSX to work on my laptop

Here are the specs of the machine:

GPU - NVS 2100m
CPU - intel m56
HDD - 120 gb SSD
Internal display - 1366 x 768

Like I have said before, the internal display does seem to work to a certain point in OSX.

Thanks in advance

I need some help on getting my internal display to work. ...
Here are the specs of the machine:

GPU - NVS 2100m

You probably need DSDT patches for your nvidia to recognize the internal display. I don't have any nvidia hardware, so don't know the details.

Is there any way to check if that could be the way to make it work? I currently am thinking of trying to do the 'Framebuffer' method but I do not know fully what it consists of

I have the exact same problem. I tried both Yosemite and El Capitan. The internal display works for a certain point and then it switches to HDMI. My graphics card is nvidia geforce 330 gtm.
Have you found any solution to this?

having same problem with sony vaio vpcf133 , could you find any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back