HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello i am new here I have a mac mini connected to my 46inch samsung hdtv. I want to build a hackintosh so i wanted to know if there are special requirements if i am connecting to a hdtv instead of monitor?

I basically want something that can hold 16gb ram No less than an i5 I am looking to spend no more than $650

I already have an ihas 124 b drive
tp-link 108m wireless adapter (tl-wn650g)
another dvd rw drive
maxtor diamondmax 10 model 6l200p0 (200gb hd)

I have a dell inspiron 8200 tower with the fan and power supply not sure if this case is good for a hackintosh
Thanks

Errmm.... the question is too broad.:confused:

But even if you are using VGA cabel to connect the TV, with a DVI adapter it should work.

Errmm.... the question is too broad.:confused:

But even if you are using VGA cabel to connect the TV, with a DVI adapter it should work.

I want to use hdmi cable

I already have an apple wirelesss keyboard and magic trackpad also i have mountain lion on dvd dl disc

would like help on a build that will be better than the base 2.5ghz model mac mini

[h=1][/h]

Hello i am new here I have a mac mini connected to my 46inch samsung hdtv. I want to build a hackintosh so i wanted to know if there are special requirements if i am connecting to a hdtv instead of monitor?

I basically want something that can hold 16gb ram No less than an i5 I am looking to spend no more than $650

I already have an ihas 124 b drive
tp-link 108m wireless adapter (tl-wn650g)
another dvd rw drive
maxtor diamondmax 10 model 6l200p0 (200gb hd)

I have a dell inspiron 8200 tower with the fan and power supply not sure if this case is good for a hackintosh
Thanks

Hard drives are fine, dvd can't tell (Sony Optiarc works, others maybe), not sure about the wireless. Case and power supply should be fine if you plan on only using the HD4000 graphics, but for a more powerful graphics card you will need to check your power needs. If you look at the CustoMac specs you can quickly eyeball a working set of components (i5-3570K, GA-Z77-DS3H, 16GB memory) for about $450, and if needed add the wifi card in for another $50.

Hard drives are fine, dvd can't tell (Sony Optiarc works, others maybe), not sure about the wireless. Case and power supply should be fine if you plan on only using the HD4000 graphics, but for a more powerful graphics card you will need to check your power needs. If you look at the CustoMac specs you can quickly eyeball a working set of components (i5-3570K, GA-Z77-DS3H, 16GB memory) for about $450, and if needed add the wifi card in for another $50.

how do i find out if my power needs? do u mean finding out if the towers power supply can hold more than a hd4000 graphics card?

I connect my HDTV on my hackintosh via HDMI since snow leopard... It has always worked, even now on Mountain Lion. But you'll have to get a compatible graphic card.

I own a Sapphire HD 6870. You WILL be able to make it work, but you'll have to make some adjustment to your Boot.plist and change ATI6000Controller.kext
If you go with that GPU, you can follow my guide :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...h-z77-8gb-ram-sapphire-ati-radeon-hd6870.html

I've even given my boot.plist and the kext that will make the HDMI work... This is way too easy, I spend 2 days figuring out a solution ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back