Contribute
Register

Hackintosh 10.8.5 Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
What method did you use to get your sound working?

I was running Mountain Lion before then I switched back to windows many websites recognized it as some weird anti-aliasing problem. So I decided to switch back.
I also had some weird freezing problems although it never happened on windows.
When I upgraded to Mavericks I started to have audio problems so to make my audio work. I had to unplug and plug back in.
Yeah it sort of weird.
So I switched back to windows since its much more quicker to run my PC without any problems. Also when I hard shutdown my PC, I would have strange bios issue which would reset all settings to default which caused me my boot issues.

I use Realtek 898. I think I may have one with DSDT and one without by accident though. This may be a source of my problem? If so how do I delete the Realtek 898 with DSDT?

Although would just one of these cause the problem of the graphics freeze?

Thanks for the responses so far guys!

Delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts in /System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and then reboot.

I have deleted the kexts and when I went to repair permissions it repaired a bunch of Core Graphics permissions which I think may be the source but you seem to know best. I will check tomorrow to see if this makes a difference and will report back, but I have several tests tomorrow in my classes so I have to go to bed.

Thanks again for fast response and great info.

Delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts in /System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and then reboot.

After doing this the audio no longer works, and the freezing still occurs.

EDIT: Actually after going back to the extensions folder the kexts are still there even after I deleted them? Except there is a new HDAEnabler2.kext

Have you completely deleted all audio kexts?

Have you completely deleted all audio kexts?

So, my GPU was not in the top slot and I have moved it there and I am going to try and work this now.

After deleteing the audio kexts you told me to, audio stopped working all together. It worked before.

EDIT: I have restored audio. Will see if moving to the top slot corrected freezing. Trying to enable Ethernet now.

No it is not. I am considering updating through the app store to Mavericks, but I don't know what I will need to do to keep that stable. I want to update to have the most current version and to see if that solves my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back