Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I recently got some help on another post where none of my graphics were working. The problem was the Intel Grpahics were enabled once I disabled them 99% of my problems were solved but now a new one has arisen. Anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours after boot the graphics just freeze and the audio clicks and repeats and I have to do a hard shut down :banghead:. Could someone help me with this? I don't know if it is a settings problem or what. I am in ML 10.8.5.

I am using a GeForce GTX 760 GPU ( although my system profiler says it is just a NVIDIA GK104 ,) with an LG 24EC53 (soon to be an Asus one) monitor connected via HDMI, although my audio is coming from the mobo as ALC 898. All help appreciated, thanks!

I have tried to use freezefix.app and that has not worked.

Are you overclocking? It sounds like your system is unstable.

Random question, but what is your power supply?

A Corsair CX600. I know that isn't the issue because of the reliable brand and I am at least 100 watts over predicted wattage for the computer. Any suggestions? I am not running Ethernet.

A Corsair CX600. I know that isn't the issue because of the reliable brand and I am at least 100 watts over predicted wattage for the computer. Any suggestions? I am not running Ethernet.

Do you have a system log?

I have not tried another OS but will be installing Windows 7 ( or 8 I am not sure yet) To either dual boot or use with Parallels, and once I do I will try and see if this happens. Because if it is with another OS then it is a hardware problem.

Any insight from anyone otherwise?

So I have been looking in my system logs, and before every system failure I get this message in the console:

x:xx:xx XX coreaudiod:
Disabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is active.

I have also gotten this Warning:

4/7/14 5:59:05.666 PM SystemUIServer[162]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:eek:peration:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:eek:peration:fraction:] instead.

Not sure if this will mean anything to anyone.

I also noticed I am getting this to happen when I am on YouTube most of the time. It always ends up happening with YouTube. It has happened on some other things though. I have not done anything else on the comp yet except browse the internet (except for trying to play Counter Strike: Global Offensive which has crashed) because I want to get all the bugs fixed. All help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back