- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I'm using Broadcom WiFi/BT, my board is not the WiFi version.Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT or OpenIntelWireless?
Is “XhciPortLimit” disabled and a maximum of 15 USB ports are mapped?
So far so good.I'm using Broadcom WiFi/BT, my board is not the WiFi version.
“XhciPortLimit” is disabled and 15 USB ports are mapped. Recently updated Big Sur to 11.3.1 without problems.
I also use Catalina and Windows 10 on the same machine (different drives).
Yes...Windows has its own separate EFI partition, macOS EFI is clean with only BOOT and OC folder.So far so good.
Does the Windows SSD have its own EFI partition? And that partition contains the Microsoft boot loader?
In other words, the macOS EFI partition contains an EFI folder with only BOOT and OC folders (if there’s an APPLE folder, simply delete it)?
Last question:Yes...Windows has its one separate EFI partition, macOS EFI is clean with only BOOT and OC folder.
Good job, glad to see another entry added! Some audit results:I added Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, so you can try and see how it works for you.
It seems you are right, if I am reading this right, last port is SS07. Here is the screenshot so you can double-check.Good job, glad to see another entry added! Some audit results:
View attachment 518210View attachment 518209
- In USBMap.kext --> Info.plist port-count should be set to the address of the last USB port, which in this case is
- However, before making this change, please run IORegistryExplorer and see if port SS08 appears in the XHC device tree. If SS08 does not appear, then please make the change above, reboot, and check SS08 again.
View attachment 518212
- If CFG-Lock is disabled -- because you have ControlMsrE2.efi in Tools folder -- then AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock can be unchecked.
- In Release Notes we should state any prerequisites such as whether MSR 0xE2 needs to be disabled and if so, how to do it.
View attachment 518211
- Lastly, is ASUS needed in UEFI --> Input?