Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Great. I'm on OC 0.6.9.
Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT or OpenIntelWireless?

Is “XhciPortLimit” disabled and a maximum of 15 USB ports are mapped?

Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT or OpenIntelWireless?

Is “XhciPortLimit” disabled and a maximum of 15 USB ports are mapped?
I'm using Broadcom WiFi/BT, my board is not the WiFi version.

“XhciPortLimit” is disabled and 15 USB ports are mapped. Recently updated Big Sur to 11.3.1 without problems.

I also use Catalina and Windows 10 on the same machine (different drives).

I'm using Broadcom WiFi/BT, my board is not the WiFi version.

“XhciPortLimit” is disabled and 15 USB ports are mapped. Recently updated Big Sur to 11.3.1 without problems.

I also use Catalina and Windows 10 on the same machine (different drives).
So far so good.

Does the Windows SSD have its own EFI partition? And that partition contains the Microsoft boot loader?

In other words, the macOS EFI partition contains an EFI folder with only BOOT and OC folders (if there’s an APPLE folder, simply delete it)?

So far so good.

Does the Windows SSD have its own EFI partition? And that partition contains the Microsoft boot loader?

In other words, the macOS EFI partition contains an EFI folder with only BOOT and OC folders (if there’s an APPLE folder, simply delete it)?
Yes...Windows has its own separate EFI partition, macOS EFI is clean with only BOOT and OC folder.

Last edited:
Yes...Windows has its one separate EFI partition, macOS EFI is clean with only BOOT and OC folder.
Last question:
  • Do you generally keep up with OpenCore releases within a few days of each new release?
@Inqnuam: as mentioned previously, please create admin account for @Ben42

does this app work for "Gigabyte AORUS Z390 Pro" ??
The App isn't specific to motherboards but to OpenCore Bootloader.

I added Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, so you can try and see how it works for you.
Good job, glad to see another entry added! Some audit results:
  • In USBMap.kext --> Info.plist port-count should be set to the address of the last USB port, which in this case is GgAAAA==.
  • However, before making this change, please run IORegistryExplorer and see if port SS08 appears in the XHC device tree. If SS08 does not appear, then please make the change above, reboot, and check SS08 again.
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 1.59.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 1.59.36 PM.png

• If CFG-Lock is disabled -- because you have ControlMsrE2.efi in Tools folder -- then AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock can be unchecked.
  • In Release Notes we should state any prerequisites such as whether MSR 0xE2 needs to be disabled and if so, how to do it.
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.03.03 PM.png

• Lastly, is ASUS needed in UEFI --> Input?
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.02.34 PM.png

Good job, glad to see another entry added! Some audit results:
  • In USBMap.kext --> Info.plist port-count should be set to the address of the last USB port, which in this case is GgAAAA==.
  • However, before making this change, please run IORegistryExplorer and see if port SS08 appears in the XHC device tree. If SS08 does not appear, then please make the change above, reboot, and check SS08 again.
View attachment 518210View attachment 518209

• If CFG-Lock is disabled -- because you have ControlMsrE2.efi in Tools folder -- then AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock can be unchecked.
  • In Release Notes we should state any prerequisites such as whether MSR 0xE2 needs to be disabled and if so, how to do it.
View attachment 518212
  • Lastly, is ASUS needed in UEFI --> Input?
View attachment 518211
It seems you are right, if I am reading this right, last port is SS07. Here is the screenshot so you can double-check.

Here is also screenshot form hackintool.

CFG-lock is not disabled. I've been reading that is something I should do, but my system has been so stable and problem free that I didn't want to risk messing something up. I have the tool in my config.plist if I decide one day to do it...:)

ASUS input is there by default, never saw the need to change it to something else as it works like it is.

Also about release notes, is there a way to do them in app? I only see the option to add URL.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 23.24.14.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 23.24.14.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 17.06.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 17.06.53.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 52
Back