Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

@Inqnuam

I just downloaded HackinDROM from your web site and it gave me version 1.4. I thought I saw reports of a version 1.4.7. Has that later version been recalled?

Anyway, when I try to run HackinDROM, it takes 5-10 seconds for the icon to appear on my menubar. When I select it, the window opens for about 5-10 seconds, then disappears with a crash.

Attached is the crash log.

I'm using OC 0.7.1 with Big Sur 11.4, Designare Z-390.

I know nothing about Mac programming, but the crash log seems to involve networking? For your info I have HughesNet satellite internet which is VERY slow!
Thanks you for reporting!
Will fix this as soon as possible!

Hi I wanna make feed back of my recent experience.
I run Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (my 1st buid).
Everything is alright with with OC 0.71 thanks to this wonderful Apps.
On this machine, I just tried to creat a fresh EFI for my second build (signature) Z370 Ultra gaming WIFI with the Apps and new Platform Info.
Creation is fine and smooth.
Then If I open this Z370 EFI config.list just created with OpenCore Configurator from my Z490 machine I see... my Z490 Vision D config.plist with ACPI Kernel and so on. This is very strange to me.
Is there something I missed in using the tool?
Thanks for your advice and support !

I am not sure what were wrong with my hack, I'm updating OC from 0.66 to 0.71, every steps checked but the program crashed after I pressed to update open core (last step)

I know this looks pretty stupid of me for for some reason I mounted my window disk EFI, next start is has been completely destroyed. Now I got stuck to boot my window disk. Any advice how to restore this, Thank you

I know this looks pretty stupid of me for for some reason I mounted my window disk EFI, next start is has been completely destroyed. Now I got stuck to boot my window disk. Any advice how to restore this, Thank you
HackinDROM App creates a backup of the previous EFI folder before making changes. The backup is a Zip file in the EFI partition. We can always unzip that file and restore the original EFI folder.

why HackinDROM App not compatible with 10.14.6 ?

Is hackindrom website down ? not loading for me.

Back