Contribute
Register

H370, B360 and H310 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually know how to test and find the right frambuffers, I have only one of the two HDMi working and if I boot the computer without a connected screen I get a generic 1280x1024 size, but I guess that's ok as the video card doesn't know what to comply to.
I copied those framebuffers from someone on this thread, but if I disable even one of them or more, suddenly I get a black screen after apple logo. I mean shouldn't those framebuffers each individually refer to a port? Whatever one of the 3 I disable I loose the image. Boh! But I can live with this.
As I understand it, you use more than one display. Have you enabled the CSM in the bios? And first of all, updated the bios to the latest version (F3)?

ps. I have successfully implemented USB ports in all three of my builds using an SSDT.

Hi,

I'm using just one monitor, but I tried to swap port after boot but the other port didn't show any signal. Do you think I have to try and boot with the plug on the second port?

Now that you have successfully implemented USB 3 and disabled the port limit patch, do shut down and sleep work any differently?

Thanks.

If you use only one monitor, go to the bios settings and disable CSM support. If don't work, clear the MB cmos and setting up the bios from zero.

On chipset Z370 sleep/wake and shutdown works fine after I have created my own SSDT for USB and removed usb limit patch.
On H310 have no idea if the problem of reboot after shutdown is caused by usb or other problem

I was struggling with issues for a few days.
I had different issues, but I think common to everyone here:
- only USB 3.0 port was working that is next to USB-C port.
- reboot when enters to a sleep mode
- NVIDIA driver not working
- the network decided to quit with cable not plugged (i think it was related to disabled FixHPET in one of the config.plist)
I was able to fight off one issue at a time, but another will come back.

Eventually, I come across this thread post #17 by Rainer666.
Once I copy his EFI.zip to my partition, that changed everything for me.
All port working, network working, sleep and power off working, NVIDIA working fast.
No issues with iMessage.

And finally, I just finished update OS to 10.13.6 without any issues.
First, I backup EFI and OS disk.
Next, I upgraded the CLOVER to 4586 (download from tonymacx86).
Then I started the update installation from AppStore. The OS was updated and loaded without issues after about 3 reboots. Only one thing I had to do was to upgrade NVIDIA WebDriver directly from NVIDIA plug-in.

Geekbench: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8969897

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.18.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.18.29 PM.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.28.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.28.25 PM.png
    64 KB · Views: 322
Hello everyone,
I've recently built a low budget mini-ITX desktop based on an ASRock B360 board and an i3 8100. Fortunately one of the rear USB ports worked OOB so I was able to do a clean Installation of High Sierra 10.13.4 without any patches. I got the rest of the ports working by patching the injector kexts as described here. Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet works with the latest version of IntelMausiEthernet. Broadcom WiFi und Bluetooth work using any of the usual methods after masking the two disable pins of the M.2 module.

To get graphics acceleration I patched the Kaby Lake Graphics kexts and set intelGFX in clover configurator to 0x3E928086 as described here. It led to black screen on all outputs after boot, but I could confirm that it's actually working via screen sharing. By chance, I discovered that the DVI port is working, if a monitor is connected to the Displayport at the same time, which gave me the idea, that the link between framebuffer and port might be wrong. I randomly tried other combinations of framebuffer and port id by patching AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in Clover and finally got all three ports working by changing the default 0105, 0204 and 0306 to 0202, 0304 and 0101:View attachment 326298
Maybe these combinations work for other B360 boards too.

The only thing, that does not work at all is the integrated Realtek ALC887 audio. Although it's a very common codec, none of the usual methods work. I've attached the Linux Codec dump, maybe somebody can make sense of it.

I can confirm that the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer patch also works on Gigabyte B360M D3H (with 4 onboard video ports: VGA, DVI, DP, and HDMI). I have only tested the onboard DP and DVI ports. Prior to the patch, only DP works; DVI has no video output. After the patch, both DP and DVI work.

As a side note, the connector type in the patch does not seem to have any real effect. I have tried using 00040000 (which stands for DP) for DVI port and still got video from DVI.

@ZDima
your configuration is pertinent to a dual GPU setup.
USB is not an issue

Framebuffer seems to be fixed
Shut Down seem to be fixed
Sleep is still shaky, sometimes it works but it's very slow and sometimes leads to a reboot

Last edited:
@ZDima
your configuration is pertinent to a dual GPU setup.
USB is not an issue

Instead iGPU framebuffer is still an issue for the B360N WiFi
Using the KextToPatch suggested in the first page of this post I was able to run iGPU as long as the monitor was attached to the HDMI port prior to boot.
BUT when I updated to 10.13.6 and already during installation the image was no longer visible even though the HDMI port of the monitor was plugged in at boot.
The 10.13.6 update went well BUT when the iGPU driver loads prior to the login screen the image disappears from the monitor.

So still the black screen issue I had at the beginning and the framebuffer patches seem not to work now.
Anybody had the same issue?

I can tell you my situation in case this is helpful (different motherboard though). As I mentioned in post #79, I had to use the kext patch to enable the DVI port onboard (under macOS 10.13.5). However, during the update to 10.13.6, my single monitor connected to the DVI port went to sleep (due to no video output from DVI), and I had to switch back to DP to continue the update. I worried for a moment that the old patch did not work for 10.13.6. However, after I rebooted the system, the problem disappeared, and my DVI port was back to normal again. I suspect that this was because the kext patch did not get loaded during the update to 10.13.6.

I agree with you that framebuffer is a major issue for the new CPU/chipsets. So far, there has not been a lot of resources online, and I think it is because (1) the chipsets are still fairly new; (2) some people do not use iGPU; (3) even if they do, they only use the port that happens to work well (mostly DP). At this point, the graphics sub-forum only provides assistance to Intel HD graphics but not UHD.

I can tell you my situation in case this is helpful (different motherboard though). As I mentioned in post #79, I had to use the kext patch to enable the DVI port onboard (under macOS 10.13.5). However, during the update to 10.13.6, my single monitor connected to the DVI port went to sleep (due to no video output from DVI), and I had to switch back to DP to continue the update. I worried for a moment that the old patch did not work for 10.13.6. However, after I rebooted the system, the problem disappeared, and my DVI port was back to normal again. I suspect that this was because the kext patch did not get loaded during the update to 10.13.6.

I agree with you that framebuffer is a major issue for the new CPU/chipsets. So far, there has not been a lot of resources online, and I think it is because (1) the chipsets are still fairly new; (2) some people do not use iGPU; (3) even if they do, they only use the port that happens to work well (mostly DP). At this point, the graphics sub-forum only provides assistance to Intel HD graphics but not UHD.

I fixed it and there was a mistake on my part copying the framebuffer numbers. Mainly I left them with the 4 platform that's pertinent to DP instead of 8 that's pertinent to HDMI as I only have HDMI on this board.
Still as you say the framebuffer is still shaky territory. Only issue in relationship to that that I still experience is I must boot with the plug into the port I will be using, as changing port after boot leads to no signal at all.

Shut Down is fixed
Sleep is the a remaining issue. Sometimes it works, and when it does it's slow, and sometimes it leads to a reboot.

Thanks for your help.

I fixed it and there was a mistake on my part copying the framebuffer numbers. Mainly I left them with the 4 platform that's pertinent to DP instead of 8 that's pertinent to HDMI as I only have HDMI on this board.
Still as you say the framebuffer is still shaky territory. Only issue in relationship to that that I still experience is I must boot with the plug into the port I will be using, as changing port after boot leads to no signal at all.

Shut Down is fixed
Sleep is the a remaining issue. Sometimes it works, and when it does it's slow, and sometimes it leads to a reboot.

Thanks for your help.

The sleep issue can probably be fixed through a DSDT patch. I experienced some similar sleep issues (slow, reboot), but got help from this person. Now my hackintosh can sleep consistently. Simply post the files he requires, and he will get back to you with a working DSDT patch. (I tried to learn DSDT patching myself but gave up because there was too many things to learn.)

Thanks for your reply!
I kind of know Maldonado but...he temperamental, if you wanna learn is less keen on helping an dI want to understand and learn.
I would like to understand how to implement these new motherboards properly.

So if anyone finds a solution or has any clue to the sleep --> Reboot issue I'd be happy to hear from them.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back