Contribute
Register

H370, B360 and H310 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i would like to buy an asrock B360M Itx ac. Is that compatibile?

Sorry for the n00b question, but can anyone tell me what kext files are, where I can find them, and/or what I should do with them? I can't seem to find a beginner's guide on those files. Essentially I am trying to fix the same problem with the same motherboard as this guy:

Hi ,I'm sorry to disturb you ,and I'm a nvoice. I have an asus b360M motherboard,the keyborad and mouse not work when select language in higi sierra installtation.You said that ,just modify the USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-serie-injector.kext, but I cannot find these files in the USB Drive. How can I modify them ? Where the file exits in?
I'm glad that your pc works. I have a asus b360m-a motherboard ,and usb cannot work when select language in installation. What should I do with the USBinjectall.kext, just put them in the EFI folder of USB drive ?or other ways ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

EDIT: I also found this post referencing some of those files, but I still have no idea what I need to do with them: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ssful-build-high-sierra-10-13-6-17g65.257851/

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 2.35.34 AM.png
Got 10.14.1 working on MSI H310M Pro VH. Unfortunately only VGA out works with full UHD630 acceleration. Attached EFI. Had to use frame buffer patching. All USB ports work. Sleep Wake works. There is a small issue with Safari where videos can't be scrubbed. Not sure how to get that working or if its related to HDMI will find out more. Now if only the HDMI port worked.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 411
Last edited:
View attachment 363970 Got 10.14.1 working on MSI H310M Pro VH. Unfortunately only VGA out works with full UHD630 acceleration. Attached EFI. Had to use frame buffer patching. All USB ports work. Sleep Wake works. There is a small issue with Safari where videos can't be scrubbed. Not sure how to get that working or if its related to HDMI will find out more. Now if only the HDMI port worked Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
yes it's a real problem with safari where the videos can not be cleaned but it takes a solution as much as possible

Last edited:
I got the asus h370m mainboard and i am emulating nvram with aptio3 and the emu efi with rc scripts. Somtimes the system boots and doesnt load with the nvram. At that moment some software loses their license. After a reboot all is ok. I am running Mojave 10.14.1 and the latest clover is there a fix to be sure the nvram is loaded ?

Hello boys, I have Asus H310I-Plus MOBO and I not to do Mojave installation.
Can you help me to just settings in clover?
My system is compose by:
ASUS H310I-PLUS
I5 8400
16GB RAM 2666
SSD 120Gb
NVMe 250Gb
HDD 1Tb
GfX Radeon RX550.

I want to install Osx on 120Gb SSD.

Biggest thing that I have found is when you find a mobo you like, check the integrated network chip and then check back here in the compatibility section. Seems like there are some new chipsets coming out (Intel CNVi for one) that are causing some issues for those that would otherwise be able to replace their WiFi card with something like the standard Broadcom swap. There are plenty of work arounds for the 219, 211, etc. type LAN chipsets to either spoof the chipset or to completely swap it on the board with one of the natively supposed Broadcom chips. The new-ish CNVi is a completely different beast.

Biggest thing that I have found is when you find a mobo you like, check the integrated network chip and then check back here in the compatibility section. Seems like there are some new chipsets coming out (Intel CNVi for one) that are causing some issues for those that would otherwise be able to replace their WiFi card with something like the standard Broadcom swap. There are plenty of work arounds for the 219, 211, etc. type LAN chipsets to either spoof the chipset or to completely swap it on the board with one of the natively supposed Broadcom chips. The new-ish CNVi is a completely different beast.
I'm having that exact issue with my Gigabyte H370N WIFI. I ordered an adapter from Hobbypower for the BCM94360CS2, expecting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work out of the box. However, I learned that my NGFF M.2 Key A/E adapter was not compatible with this new CNVi slot. As a result, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth weren't even showing up on my Hackintosh. Now I am stuck, since I can't find an adapter for the BCM94360CS2 that supports CNVi. I also can't use some sort of PCIe adapter, since I only have one PCIe slot for my graphics card.

I'm having that exact issue with my Gigabyte H370N WIFI. I ordered an adapter from Hobbypower for the BCM94360CS2, expecting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work out of the box. However, I learned that my NGFF M.2 Key A/E adapter was not compatible with this new CNVi slot. As a result, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth weren't even showing up on my Hackintosh. Now I am stuck, since I can't find an adapter for the BCM94360CS2 that supports CNVi. I also can't use some sort of PCIe adapter, since I only have one PCIe slot for my graphics card.

This is exactly why I sent back my Gigabyte B360M WiFi board. From what I was reading in the Bluetooth thread put on by RetroMan was that you have to find a Type E M.2 adapter that goes in the M.2 slot, then you install your card (which is considered an M.2 Type M card, could have them reversed though) in the adapter then the adapter in the M.2 slot on the board. The problem is that if you plan to use your only M.2 slot for an actual boot drive you are then SOL. The only other option is what you stated, getting an add-on PCI-E adapter card for WiFi/BT. I would recommend replacing the board with one that either has a 219 type lan chip or something OTHER THAN the CNVi chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back