Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am losing my mind over this... I don't know what you guys are doing... I have created the USB for the 100th time, and still nothing. I put the USB in to my main computer and the EFI Boot Partition is there and when I use it I get the Clover Boot screen offering to install OSX.

Put the USB in the MI Notebook, it will just not show.

• Secure Boot is Disabled - Cleared all boot information.
  • UEFI is selected
I have tried Legacy, the USB Shows but it is the main drive, and there is no boot partitions installed.

It seems to be when I create the USB and then install Clover that creates the EFI Boot Partition, that it stops working (that is not to say I have tried a standard OS X Boot Drive) but I know it won't work.

Please help, because this laptop was very expensive, and cannot be easily returned, I really want to use it with OSX.

Hi! Razorkey, I'm not using dualboot yet.
But, I managed to make the audiojack work properly.

I used the Daliansky files.
There's a image diagram what i think is a step-by-step to how install. (From Dalianky Git)

How i install:

1. Put the CodecCommander.kext (rehabman) in clover folder
2. Updated ApplaALC.kext (1.2.2) - I think yours its same as mine.
3. I copy from the Daliansky XiaoMi-Pro files/ALC298_id13_CC_ALCPlugFix/SSDT-ALC298.aml to folder ACPI
4. Execute the install.commander (the one with chineses characters). File is located inside of folder XiaoMi-Pro files/ALC298_id13_CC_ALCPlugFix/ALCPlugFix
5. Restart

It's working here. Clear sound from audiojack.
:headbang:

Thank you for posting this. It works.

Did you create your USB stick following this forum's guide?
You have to use an OSX platform to run Unibeast, a .app High Sierra file (verify if it's corrupted, in some cases you have to re-download it from the App Store) and the last version of clover. Only god knows how many times I was stuck!

Hi

I followed the forum post here: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/7amizy/guide_installing_macos_high_sierra_on_the_mi/ using Terminal to create the USB from the High Sierra .app from multiple sources, I have first tried the one from Apple, and then one that another use suggested. I then used Clover (latest version) to create the EFI Partition, and copied the files from this post over the top of the EFI / Clover Directory.

I seems to work, because I can see the Boot Partition if I use my other computer to boot from the USB, I can see the USB which is a Kingston, and then there is another one Kingston UEFI Partition and if I click on that it takes me to Clover. If I however, take the USB and plug it into the MI Notebook, nothing, not even the Kingston USB.

What version of the BIOS are you running, I am wondering if they have done something when they have shipped it with the latest version 502.

Thanks

Hi guys i'm having some serious troubles, i've seen that someone else have got this type of problem but no-one have replied him back soo..
My version is the i7/8gb and i can't boot clover.

I've followed the instructions so i have:
0) disabled secure boot
1) downloaded mac os .app
2) i've made a usb stick with the command sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/usb --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
3) installed clover from clover installer
4) merged EFI/CLOVER dir with the attached CLOVER

but the usb doesn't show up in the bootmenu

since my notebook were made with the 200 bios version i've flashed the 300, but nothing has changed.
I don't know if should i flash the 502 version since i've read that there are some little problems with the fan.
For the people that have done this, what version of the bios are you running?

UPDATE:
so after 2 hours now the usb gets recognised (i've just changed the usb stick) and i can also boot clover.

But EHY now i have another problem, when i select the installation partition from clover the apple logo shows up for about 10 seconds and then the machine just reboots. what is going on here?

UPDATE2:
ok i'm kinda stupid, i was thinking that the clover folder must be merged with the 0.5 one. now i know that the clover folder need to be completely replaced with the 0.5 one.
now the computer is booting with the apple logo and the loading bar

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm following the post by deniscabaldi to fix the headphone jack audio and I can't seem to get it to work. From what I can tell you have to install the new 1.2.2 AppleALC.kext, then copy the commmander.kext to the clover folder, then copy the .aml file to the ACPI folder in, and finally run the installer (with the Chinese characters). Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hi guys i'm having some serious troubles, i've seen that someone else have got this type of problem but no-one have replied him back soo..
My version is the i7/8gb and i can't boot clover.

I've followed the instructions so i have:
0) disabled secure boot
1) downloaded mac os .app
2) i've made a usb stick with the command sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/usb --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
3) installed clover from clover installer
4) merged EFI/CLOVER dir with the attached CLOVER

but the usb doesn't show up in the bootmenu

since my notebook were made with the 200 bios version i've flashed the 300, but nothing has changed.
I don't know if should i flash the 502 version since i've read that there are some little problems with the fan.
For the people that have done this, what version of the bios are you running?

UPDATE:
so after 2 hours now the usb gets recognised (i've just changed the usb stick) and i can also boot clover.

But EHY now i have another problem, when i select the installation partition from clover the apple logo shows up for about 10 seconds and then the machine just reboots. what is going on here?

UPDATE2:
ok i'm kinda stupid, i was thinking that the clover folder must be merged with the 0.5 one. now i know that the clover folder need to be completely replaced with the 0.5 one.
now the computer is booting with the apple logo and the loading bar

Hi,

I am glad someone else is having the same problems as me. I will look at changing my USB 'again' and see if I can get it to work. I have used the same USB Stick to install the Windows Installation on to the laptop to change the Chinese Version to English, and it worked fine.

Arzmar - I have seen this laptop used for Mac OSX by many people on here and on Youtube which is why I purchased this laptop myself, I needed an upgrade, but if you look back at my posts, and MasterJack1697 we are having the same issue where the Boot USB is not being recognized, as it turns out MasterJack1697 has fixed his problem, but I am still having the same issue where I cannot get it to boot, after creating the USB multiple times with different versions of the .app High Sierra.

I will update again if I am able to get this to work with yet another USB, but I am not holding my breath.

J

Now I am more than convinced that this has something to do with the BIOS Version. If MasterJack1697 on version 300 works, there has to be something to do with version 502. So I would not recommend you update mate.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to downgrade the bios to 300 that is in English and easy to setup... I have seen a process for upgrading from 200 to 300 but I don't know if this would work backwards?

J

Hey guys, I'm following the post by deniscabaldi to fix the headphone jack audio and I can't seem to get it to work. From what I can tell you have to install the new 1.2.2 AppleALC.kext, then copy the commmander.kext to the clover folder, then copy the .aml file to the ACPI folder in, and finally run the installer (with the Chinese characters). Am I missing something? Thanks.

I learned that you can also boot into windows first then restart into Mac OS and it worked. Bluetooth also worked this way too

Grovebai1069 Thanks for the tip the sound got louder, but its still nowhere near stock (tear).

Now I am more than convinced that this has something to do with the BIOS Version. If MasterJack1697 on version 300 works, there has to be something to do with version 502. So I would not recommend you update mate.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to downgrade the bios to 300 that is in English and easy to setup... I have seen a process for upgrading from 200 to 300 but I don't know if this would work backwards?

J

So, maybe due to my bad english i didn't explain everything in the right way, i'll divide my explanation in two parts, one where i suggest you what you should do and one where i explain how i have installed and fixed the usb not shown problem.

-WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
-Update the bios to the version 300, is not necessary but the 300 fix the ssd half speed problem (google it, is a known problem of 200)
-You should find a usb stick less bigger than 32gb (i'll explain why you need/should do that in the second part)

-WHAT YOU MUST DO TO INSTALL MAC OS:
-First, here is why you should find a usb stick smaller than a 32gb(or more) one. From what i understand when you plug a 32gb stick on a mac it recognise it as a normal storage and not like a usb storage. There are 2 possible ways to fix this, the first of course is to find another usb stick, but you could also make another partition inside the usb stick smaller than 32gb. How do i know that 32gb usb stick have problems? simple, i was having the "invisible" usb stick problem too and i've noticed in fact that the other usb stick that have helped me installing mac os was a 16gb sized one. If you don't trust me or you wanna know more about this just google it for problems like this.
-After the usb stick fix just follow the guide of the thread

In conclusion, i don't think that the bios version is the problem (even if from what i know the 502 have some problems with the fan), but i think that the problem is the size of the usb used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back