Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 minutes test is not going to show anything, try to use it daily and you'll see what I mean.
Everyone has its own preference. I have used this trackpad driver for four months; and I think my video is competitive enough to prove the driver's good performance. If you have better driver, please share and let people test.

Last edited:
Have
5 minutes test is not going to show anything, try to use it daily and you'll see what I mean.

On the trackpad: have you disabled the 'unnecessary' gestures? I feel some are conflicting (like two fingers smart zoom)

On the fan/battery: I feel the fan management is not optimal yet. The laptop runs hotter and fans kick in more often than in Windows / Linux. Battery lasts half it does on my Ubuntu tweaked configuration

Just chiming in here. I am grateful to the the improved trackpad experience I had in using Steve Zhengshiqi files and works. I know it's not perfect but until a better solution is found I use it in conjunction with a mouse.

My biggest hopes is that someone would come up with a solution to fix the resolution so that at least it would be comparable to that of when I am in windows. There is a Hugh difference with the display between the two.

updated to 10.13.6. No problems were found.
After the update I used the kext utility and reboot

Hi guys I installed successfully on my MI 15. Thanks for the hardwork. However, the battery life seems to be extremely short. After 1h of light usage of the laptop, I am already at 50%... Is there a fix?

Hi guys I installed successfully on my MI 15. Thanks for the hardwork. However, the battery life seems to be extremely short. After 1h of light usage of the laptop, I am already at 50%... Is there a fix?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey Guys,

So im really new to hackintoshing.

I grabbed a copy of High Sierra 10.13.6 today, used DiskMaker X to write it to an 8 GB Flash Drive, and then used Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition of that Flash Drive. Then i copied the EFI folder from Steeeeve's Github repo.

On my Mi notebook Pro, i disabled secure boot and booted from the Flash Drive. The loading bar loads until about 60% and then it reboots.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
So, the MacBook Pro got its due refresh and it's now sporting an 8th Gen intel CPU, same as our Xiaomi (?). Will this improve the compatibility of our hackingtosh with highSierra overall? And if so, how can a noob (such as myself) make sure to take full advantage of this newly found compatibility?

Hey Guys,

So im really new to hackintoshing.

I grabbed a copy of High Sierra 10.13.6 today, used DiskMaker X to write it to an 8 GB Flash Drive, and then used Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition of that Flash Drive. Then i copied the EFI folder from Steeeeve's Github repo.

On my Mi notebook Pro, i disabled secure boot and booted from the Flash Drive. The loading bar loads until about 60% and then it reboots.

Any ideas?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back