Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be stupid but, I can not make the right click functional with the trackpad. Any ideas?
double tap with 2 fingers may do it

Ugh I'm stuck on this screen JPEG_20180407_201927.jpg

For some reason I can boot into the existing installation just fine but I need to install it on a diffrent ssd so I need to clean install it :/ Anyone has an idea on whats wrong here ? Using the clover 0.5 package from OP

Ugh I'm stuck on this screen View attachment 323840

For some reason I can boot into the existing installation just fine but I need to install it on a diffrent ssd so I need to clean install it :/ Anyone has an idea on whats wrong here ? Using the clover 0.5 package from OP

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I use CTRL and Left Click.
Exactly ;) I also disable most of geusture and trackpad a bit improve (still far away from perfect) mostly using keyboard shortcuts. Also did someone discover mic issue? Siri listening but is half death....

Thanks for your support :
1. is there some special way to update to 10.13.4? I'm on 10.13.1 and it seems like after I press the update button i see the Apple logo update screen and after 1 min it hangs up and reboot and nothing has changed , I don't see the Install macOS from in clover.
2. is there a fix for the tracking pad not working after reboot?
3. I guess there's no way to fix the bluetooth on this pc and I must use a dongle?

Attachments

• debug_10109.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Unfortunately this hack will not get Bluetooth working. Bluetooth does not run over PCIe. It runs over USB. There is no USB connection on the m.2 M socket. (You would need a proper E socket on the logic board).
It is complete truth, but as of my research there is also key B slot, new one, which has USB + PCIe x1, so it's basically a way better idea (plus it's make the extender cables twice shorter). The problem is i found only one DIY on Key B > Key A/E adapter and can't see any commercial one... Can you please check: is that port pinned? Does it work at all or it's just stub? My notebook is on my way, but i don't gonna disassemble it before my Broadcom module will be here (so one more month of waiting)

It is complete truth, but as of my research there is also key B slot, new one, which has USB + PCIe x1, so it's basically a way better idea (plus it's make the extender cables twice shorter). The problem is i found only one DIY on Key B > Key A/E adapter and can't see any commercial one... Can you please check: is that port pinned? Does it work at all or it's just stub? My notebook is on my way, but i don't gonna disassemble it before my Broadcom module will be here (so one more month of waiting)
Hi PavelIT, when you talk about the Key B, I guess you are talking about the connector that is not actually fitted, that is labelled WLAN.LTE. You are correct, that does look like Key B, its a shame Xiaomi didn't fit that connector socket onto the logic board.
Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro-LTE-Modul-736x456.jpg

I had a look around the logic board, there are other missing components around the socket, not just the socket that is missing, so will not be possible to use this because it is impossible to guess what all the missing parts need to be. Unless someone can find the schematic design and PCB layout of the logic board.

when you talk about the Key B, I guess you are talking about the connector that is not actually fitted, that is labelled WLAN.LTE.
Exactly.
Unless someone can find the schematic design and PCB layout of the logic board.
I am Russian, we got realy big forums about logic boards, datasheets for it and so on. Can you please send us full photos, as more as you can? It would be very helpful. As my notebook will be with me (chinese delivery is so long...) I'll search information we need about it. IMO dongle is really bad idea - no optimised drivers, no additional features, higher battery drain and -1 USB port, that's definitely not what i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back