Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
on paper it's MHF4 so i ordered that one, but maybe there is U.FL (unlikely but still)
I studied the original Intel Module data and came to the conclusion it is MHF4. The Broadcom module that i have chosen also seems to be MHF4. Obviously there is a Male and Female end, so the extension i went for is MHF4 Male to MHF4 Female.
This company has a good selection:
https://www.data-alliance.net/mhf4-...-inch-3-in-4-inch-6-in-8-in-10-inch-12-inch/#
Only problem was the longest option they stock is 12", which i dont think is long enough, so i ordered an extra pair so that i can join them up for extra length (insulation tape will be needed to avoid shorting). Its not ideal, will introduce some extra signal loss, but hopefully not too much, less than 1dB.

Any way to get the SD card slot to work?

Hello
I would like to ask if this SSD can be installed in this pc for the Mac OS X software:

Samsung 1tb NVME m.2 300 MB/s PM961 single sided 80mm (2280/2280ss) pci express 3.0 x4 OEM NVMe 3-bit MLC V-NAND

Thanks

Samsung 1tb NVME m.2 300 MB/s PM961
Lol, sure. We got identical in this notebook, only capacity is different. But, warn! Second slot is half-speeded, so it would be full-speed only when you'll replace original one. If you gonna use it for data - better look at some PCIe x2 solutions - it's cheaper and you wouldn't get higher speeds anyway.

Thanks
I’ve eventually got the WD Black 256 m.2 and installed it in the free space and I’m getting free slow write speed of about 250-400 and read speed of 1200-1500. It’s very strange....

Also is it safe to update the system to the latest update I have in the AppStore ? I think it’s 10.3.4...
Thanks

Ok I’ve messed things up and need some help.
As you said that I will not get a full speed from the another Ssd I’ve installed , I had to change some things.
I’ve uninstalled the new WD black Ssd from the notebook and boot from the High Sierra USB to install the macOS on the main drive (the one that came with the pc in it’s original slot) .
When the installation started I send to disk utility to erase the windows installation and to format it as mac os journaled but I get an error in the format process, why is that? How I can format it so I can install the high Sierra on the original Ssd ?

Attachments

• 0386471C-2C43-4297-AF8E-C5AE19B4EA18.jpeg
    0386471C-2C43-4297-AF8E-C5AE19B4EA18.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back