Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, @Razorkey . I see in your first post that MX150 will never work. Are you have tried using Nvidia driver? Many people say that any graphic cards with Pascal architecture are working fine and I think MX150 are build in Pascal Architecture. And I have read that MX150 are same with GT1030 but different name for mobile. I have read many people that say GT1030 are works fine. I have to make sure because I want to buy Mi Notebook with MX150. Thanks.

Hi, @Razorkey . I see in your first post that MX150 will never work. Are you have tried using Nvidia driver? Many people say that any graphic cards with Pascal architecture are working fine and I think MX150 are build in Pascal Architecture. And I have read that MX150 are same with GT1030 but different name for mobile. I have read many people that say GT1030 are works fine. I have to make sure because I want to buy Mi Notebook with MX150. Thanks.

Its not about the graphics card per se, but the optimus technology, wich is a kind of smart toggle nvidia implemented for mobile systems that have integrated and discrete GPUs, mac os x doesnt support optimus.

MX150 is not equal to 1030, it is just its mobile equivalent

Hey guys I think messed up my config.plist, but I have now restored my backup Clover folder so how do I fix this?
iconsoleusers seems to the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20180210_094338.jpg
    IMG_20180210_094338.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20180210_095056.jpg
    IMG_20180210_095056.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
I'd really prefer I didn't have to reinstall

EDIT: I've fixed it.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm getting a kernel panic on boot from SSD after successfully installing, booting from USB and installing clover on the main drive. I can't seem to get this fixed. Any ideas?

EDIT: sorry for the rotated image, I swear that's not what it looks like locally lol

Attachments

• 00045XTR_00045_BURST20180211230616.jpg
    00045XTR_00045_BURST20180211230616.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 190
Hey all, I'm getting a kernel panic on boot from SSD after successfully installing, booting from USB and installing clover on the main drive. I can't seem to get this fixed. Any ideas?

EDIT: sorry for the rotated image, I swear that's not what it looks like locally lol

Looks to me like Lilu.kext is crashing. Make sure you installed it correctly (to /L/E, and with matching Lilu-dependent kexts).

Looks to me like Lilu.kext is crashing. Make sure you installed it correctly (to /L/E, and with matching Lilu-dependent kexts).

Thank you for your insight! Unfortunately I'm pretty new at this and I don't really know what you mean exactly by what you just said. (Mostly the /L/E part and the lilu dependant kexts) I've read the lilu GitHub page but it didn't make me much wiser.

Thank you for your insight! Unfortunately I'm pretty new at this and I don't really know what you mean exactly by what you just said. (Mostly the /L/E part and the lilu dependant kexts) I've read the lilu GitHub page but it didn't make me much wiser.

The Lilu github has a list of known Lilu plugins.
It is important that Lilu and its plugins are matched. (eg. if you use more than one Lilu plugin, you must insure that each is compatible with the Lilu that you're using).
Without more information about which Lilu plugins you installed, where you installed them, and other details regarding your configuration, further advice is not possible.

Also, correct kext installation procedures are covered in the FAQ and post #2 of the Clover guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The Lilu github has a list of known Lilu plugins.
It is important that Lilu and its plugins are matched. (eg. if you use more than one Lilu plugin, you must insure that each is compatible with the Lilu that you're using).
Without more information about which Lilu plugins you installed, where you installed them, and other details regarding your configuration, further advice is not possible.
I see, all I'm using is the CLOVER_POSTINSTALL from the OP. I was assuming there aren't any incompatibilities in there.

I see, all I'm using is the CLOVER_POSTINSTALL from the OP. I was assuming there aren't any incompatibilities in there.

Just a quick look at it is obvious to me that those files are a mess.

For example, it is not valid to use SSDT-PTSWAK.aml without the _WAK->ZWAK and _PTS->ZPTS patches in config.plist. The config.plist in the same zip is missing any sort of patches for renaming _WAK and _PTS. Similar comment regarding SSDT-PRW.aml.

And SSDT-PluginType1.aml conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Seems pretty obvious to me that not much thought or testing has gone into the setup proposed by post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back