Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is big news for you. It is big news for me, I have got the Dgpu and Igpu working. It doesn't boot with the Dgpu but all the drivers are installed and macos can see it as I start it up. But it sticks on "IOConsoleUsers: gIOscreenlock 3" but the Igpu still works fine with it still not disabled. I moved around some stuff in the config

BIG UPDATE I GOT TO SEE THE GPU AND KNOW WHAT IT IS AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE CARD....

Attachments

• IMG_20180120_232105.jpg
    IMG_20180120_232105.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 625
I will start by saying that im pretty new to hackintosh. I encountered a problem with the installation of macOS High Sierra on the Mi Notebook Pro when I tried to install it on the ssd, after erasing it (tried both apfs and hfs+) when it should be start installing it on the ssd it says "macOS High Sierra could not be installed on your computer" and then right below "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". I did all the processes alright multiple times. I did really tried everything. What could it depend from?

I cant seem to even install OS X using any config.
Please follow my steps and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I've been trying installing OS X on my notebook for more than 15 hours now already...

1) I downloaded High Sierra on my mac using the "High Sierra Patcher" as the App Store just gave me the 19MB version.
2) I formatted a stick (I've now already tried 3 different ones) using the command
"diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX GPT JHFS+ "USB" 100%"​
3) I installed High Sierra to the stick using the command
"sudo "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app" --nointeraction"​
4) I installed Clover, using the latest official version. I also tried RehabMans latest build of Clover.
5) I copied the CLOVER-folder from your CLOVER_INSTALL.zip onto my EFI partition in the correct directory.

I also tried using Unibeast instead of steps 3 to 4, with the same result, as follows:

6) I disabled SecureBoot on my notebook
7) I chose the stick via F12 boot menu
8) I got to see Clover's boot menu, but I only have one entry: Windows. I do not have the option to install High Sierra. It's completely missing!

Can somebody please help me and get me out of my frustration?

Thanks in advance...

In my case I solved by downloading High Sierra from the 19mb installer (stopping the installer at the end), opened the installer application content (Applications/Install macOS High Sierra/Contents) and created a new folder called "SharedSupport" where I copied inside all the high sierra data downloaded on a folder located into the main volume. After that I just used unibeast and it worked unless I got the error on second boot.

BIG UPDATE I GOT TO SEE THE GPU AND KNOW WHAT IT IS AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE CARD....

Hello, can you attached the config file please, i really want to give it a try and help you with that?

I will start by saying that im pretty new to hackintosh. I encountered a problem with the installation of macOS High Sierra on the Mi Notebook Pro when I tried to install it on the ssd, after erasing it (tried both apfs and hfs+) when it should be start installing it on the ssd it says "macOS High Sierra could not be installed on your computer" and then right below "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". I did all the processes alright multiple times. I did really tried everything. What could it depend from?

Did exactly the same thing as you now. Now I can boot the installer, format my drive, click install and I'm getting the exact same message. Do you have a solution yet?

Is anyone else having problems with Ethernet card?

I'm trying to sign in to the App Store, and I'm getting an error "Could not verify this device"

So, I tried to follow the steps in this video, to solve my problem.

But, then I discoved that there's no Ethernet card.

Is anyone able to sign in to the App Store?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 9.49.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 9.49.20 AM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 294
Is anyone else having problems with Ethernet card?

I'm trying to sign in to the App Store, and I'm getting an error "Could not verify this device"

So, I tried to follow the steps in this video, to solve my problem.

But, then I discoved that there's no Ethernet card.

Is anyone able to sign in to the App Store?
as per rules, please update your hardware profile:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

one more issue, my headphones (connected via 3.5mm) sound like crap. The in built speakers sound fine though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back